Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

News buried while the Queen remains unburied

SEC committed international securities fraud, Citibank are closing a UK branch due to profitability issues after taking a big loan and sidestepping the issue of returns, Trump still has documents unaccounted for, our local river just got the worst rating in the UK after water companies were allowed to dump stuff, NI is likely to go up to pay for the electric, the EU is actually trying to help the UK with energy, UK government to hold back data on state of biodiversity in England, strikes are being called off.

edited to add, actually Citadel EUROPE has been liquidated, sounds like they need to focus their money on the US for some reason...

Last edited:
The giant UK news yesterday should've been Truss borrowing £140 billion to give to the least deserving people in the country so that their £170 billion profits don't take a hit, while we're supposed to be grateful for this disaster of a policy, the economic implications of which will echo for years to come, because our energy bills will 'only' be twice what they were five months ago. It's fucked up. There should be fury. There should be talking heads queuing up to denounce this shitfuckery on every news broadcast for days. It should be a national scandal that sinks the new PM in her first week.

But no. Some old woman died.

Really, truly, deeply, fundamentally, from the bottom of my heart, I don't give a shit that the Queen died. I guess it's worthy of passing mention, like when her out of Girls Aloud died, but I'm not even bothering with live media today as i know it'll be non-stop bollox about royalty. At work today no-one cares. No-one is talking about it. An email from the chief exec came round about it and there was a slight groan and everyone ignored it and carried on. That's how it should be.

So why the fucking fuck is this fucking website, supposedly a hotbed of republicanism, just thread after thread about it? The anti-monarchists seem to be as excited about this tedious fucking story as the most ardent royalists. Everybody, please, just shut the fuck up about the fucking queen. Ignore it. Carry on as if nothing unusual happened, because nothing unusual has happened - old people died, it's a thing. Note it and move on. Direct your attention to Truss being given £100,000 by the ex-boss of BP's wife and then giving energy companies £billions and billions in return :mad:

Daily Guardain email after scrolling for a long time to get past news about the granny that died.
Screenshot_20220909-113136_Outlook.jpg

Nothing there of concern. Back to it.

The giant UK news yesterday should've been Truss borrowing £140 billion to give to the least deserving people in the country so that their £170 billion profits don't take a hit, while we're supposed to be grateful for this disaster of a policy, the economic implications of which will echo for years to come, because our energy bills will 'only' be twice what they were five months ago. It's fucked up. There should be fury. There should be talking heads queuing up to denounce this shitfuckery on every news broadcast for days. It should be a national scandal that sinks the new PM in her first week.

Really, truly, deeply, fundamentally, from the bottom of my heart, I don't give a shit that the Queen died. I guess it's worthy of passing mention, like when her out of Girls Aloud died, but I'm not even bothering with live media today as i know it'll be non-stop bollox about royalty. At work today no-one cares. No-one is talking about it. An email from the chief exec came round about it and there was a slight groan and everyone ignored it and carried on. That's how it should be.

So why the fucking fuck is this fucking website, supposedly a hotbed of republicanism, just thread after thread about it? The anti-monarchists seem to be as excited about this tedious fucking story as the most ardent royalists. Everybody, please, just shut the fuck up about the fucking queen. Ignore it. Carry on as if nothing unusual happened, because nothing unusual has happened - old people died, it's a thing. Note it and move on. Direct your attention to Truss being given £100,000 by the ex-boss of BP's wife and then giving energy companies £billions and billions in return :mad:
Yeah but no. It is literally the end of an era..Agree with you about the Truss and energy thing. However, protocol demands there will be a massive state funeral with dignitaries from around the world flying in....will seem a bit off at the time when seems quite a lot of people are struggling to make ends meet but hay ho. but that's just the tip of the iceberg...stamps, coins, a fuck ton of government stationary all need redoing...it won't be £140 billion but there are significant cost implications from the death of our Head of State

Yeah but no. It is literally the end of an era..Agree with you about the Truss and energy thing. However, protocol demands there will be a massive state funeral with dignitaries from around the world flying in....will seem a bit off at the time when seems quite a lot of people are struggling to make ends meet but hay ho. but that's just the tip of the iceberg...stamps, coins, a fuck ton of government stationary all need redoing...it won't be £140 billion but there are significant cost implications from the death of our Head of State
Wonder how that would have gone off during lockdown, think they would have just ignored it completely and gone ahead regardless?

So why the fucking fuck is this fucking website, supposedly a hotbed of republicanism, just thread after thread about it? The anti-monarchists seem to be as excited about this tedious fucking story as the most ardent royalists. Everybody, please, just shut the fuck up about the fucking queen. Ignore it. Carry on as if nothing unusual happened, because nothing unusual has happened - old people died, it's a thing. Note it and move on. Direct your attention to Truss being given £100,000 by the ex-boss of BP's wife and then giving energy companies £billions and billions in return
the death of a tyrant should be celebrated, not ignored. also the memes are funny.

stamps, coins, a fuck ton of government stationary all need redoing...it won't be £140 billion but there are significant cost implications from the death of our Head of State
Only new stuff will need changing, whats already in circulation will remain legal tender for years to come until its not fit for purpose.

So why the fucking fuck is this fucking website, supposedly a hotbed of republicanism, just thread after thread about it? The anti-monarchists seem to be as excited about this tedious fucking story as the most ardent royalists.

That's why we're all fucked.

Only new stuff will need changing, whats already in circulation will remain legal tender for years to come until its not fit for purpose.
They've still got to initiate all of it though, everything that has an EIIR on it needs a new version done with CIIIR on it. And probably won't really sink in for some people til they start handing over a Charlie tenner for a pint and such. It's a hell of a branding exercise...regardless of some people's opinion of her and the monarcy (I'm not sure some appreciate just how free they are, in comparison to others living under different regiemes) but we've all grown up with her image and identity pretty much everywhere (mostly subtly but you could have souvenir plates, mugs, etc if you so inclined (I'm not)

Good advice

how's that now?
Depends, how much do you know about a share dividend? The relevant codes that are associated with doing so versus a split stock, the ramifications of splitting versus a stock split issued stocks being processed to stock holders and the short market in general? I am absolutely not trying to be in any way condescending but it is simply not something people pay attention to. cede & co, the german market and other international institutions handled this differently whereas the direction should have been clear, they processed multiple of these without issue whereas one appears to be a black swan event. Margin calls have been issued, multiple huge hedge funds have folded. Brokers have had to close trading and take loans to meet margin requirements as we enter a huge bear market. Look up Evergrande financial collapse, it has but it hasn't but it has, etc. There is a huge financial fuckup on the cards, can't say when but it is incoming. The entire market is a mess, price discovery is out the window, IEX got sued, darkpools are most of trades now. Investors have little in the way of actual results, BBBY PnD was the last attempt, made some coins off it but then someone died, its fucking horrendous.

I am also rather drunk so the above may not be entirely grammatically accurate.

Depends, how much do you know about a share dividend? The relevant codes that are associated with doing so versus a split stock, the ramifications of splitting versus a stock split issued stocks being processed to stock holders and the short market in general? I am absolutely not trying to be in any way condescending but it is simply not something people pay attention to. cede & co, the german market and other international institutions handled this differently whereas the direction should have been clear, they processed multiple of these without issue whereas one appears to be a black swan event. Margin calls have been issued, multiple huge hedge funds have folded. Brokers have had to close trading and take loans to meet margin requirements as we enter a huge bear market. Look up Evergrande financial collapse, it has but it hasn't but it has, etc. There is a huge financial fuckup on the cards, can't say when but it is incoming. The entire market is a mess, price discovery is out the window, IEX got sued, darkpools are most of trades now. Investors have little in the way of actual results, BBBY PnD was the last attempt, made some coins off it but then someone died, its fucking horrendous.

I am also rather drunk so the above may not be entirely grammatically accurate.

are we talking about the Securities and Exchange Commission? I put SEC onto Google assuming it was some other entity but I found nothing.

ps, I know the basics of all that stuff but I don't know about individual countries' markets (except the US)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom