Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question New games machine... X Box, Play station or PC?

That's what I'm doing. Wait for Vive and Oculus to come out, read the reviews and then see if the software favours AMD or nVidia. Only then will I splurge.
The way things are going, I'll be surprised if AMD remain in the graphics chipset or CPU market for much longer. I really hope they do come up with a competitive graphics card very soon but it's not looking very promising.

That's what I'm doing. Wait for Vive and Oculus to come out, read the reviews and then see if the software favours AMD or nVidia. Only then will I splurge.

Vive is out rather soon apparently! Do you think there will be many exclusives or will developers want to get it to as many people as possible?

Wonder what the cost will be. Seems a sophisticated bit of kit.

The way things are going, I'll be surprised if AMD remain in the graphics chipset or CPU market for much longer. I really hope they do come up with a competitive graphics card very soon but it's not looking very promising.
They've got the console business keeping them going. Their new GPUs are very competitive, and 2016 will finally see both teams switch to 14/16nm fabrication. Don't buy a graphics card now, if you can wait 6 months.

They've got the console business keeping them going. Their new GPUs are very competitive, and 2016 will finally see both teams switch to 14/16nm fabrication. Don't buy a graphics card now, if you can wait 6 months.
That will be good to see. I got a 290X, and sent it back the following day. The temps were ridiculously high. 90 deg with very little load, then the card throttled. I replaced it with a GTX 980, and the fans are only just starting at around the same loads the 290X was throttling at. There was a huge difference in power consumption, too.
Fingers crossed AMD do pull a rabbit out of their hat.

I have Xbox one now and I really like it. I've got a collection of about 40 games, hardly any I've paid for, there always giving out freebies :)

My friendly torrent site runs a similar scheme for PCs :D
Haha true true, also PCs can become any gaming console other than 4th gen with emulators and whatnot :) a good Xbox that is reliable for years with awesome graphics is 300 though, can't say the same about a good gaming PC :(

Still pouring over PC specs. Do you think it's worth the extra tenner and then fifteen quid for a cooler for the 4690k that could be over clocked?

Argos are doing the new PS4 500gb + black ops 3 + fallout 4 for £290

So tempting but I've got to wait till after Xmas. Car service due soon.

I've just done this. :oops:

Never owned a current generation games console before and I was impatient. It's a fair bit cheaper then the machine I was looking at building at I won't have to worry about specs again,especially if I go down the VR route. If I don't get on with it, the resale values aren't terrible.

Got a 20 quid voucher as well.

I've just done this. :oops:

Never owned a current generation games console before and I was impatient. It's a fair bit cheaper then the machine I was looking at building at I won't have to worry about specs again,especially if I go down the VR route. If I don't get on with it, the resale values aren't terrible.

Got a 20 quid voucher as well.
Jealous. Remember to spend the argos voucher. Worth picking up PSN for a year?

I've got PSN for the free games - I don't really play online. They're a bit hit and miss but enough hits to justify four quid a month or whatever it works out at. There've been a few I've really enjoyed.

Maybe I will have a look. At the moment I don't have as much time for Fallout 4 as I'd like.

Call of Duty is still unwrapped, will play the campaign, which I imagine is short, not fussed about that one online.

Maybe I will have a look. At the moment I don't have as much time for Fallout 4 as I'd like.

Call of Duty is still unwrapped, will play the campaign, which I imagine is short, not fussed about that one online.

Yeah I doubt you'd need it for a while with Fallout 4 on the go.:D

Still you can add the games to your library as they come up - you don't even need to download them. I just add them all when they're put up, takes about a minute, then download them as I feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom