Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Moon Knight

Dandred

Mmmmm Beer!
This is a Marvel thing, don't really care about that.

First episode seems pretty decent though. Not sure what to make of it yet. Never even heard of it before. Enjoying it though. Will watch the second.

This is actually really good, can't believe no one has seen this, the acting really good. The second episode was fantastic.

just watched episode 1. so far so good.

didn't linger on things i was worried that they would draw out. thought i was going to hate the date but it was quick and to the point. though that waiter needs to apologise to the cow.

just watched episode 1. so far so good.

didn't linger on things i was worried that they would draw out. thought i was going to hate the date but it was quick and to the point. though that waiter needs to apologise to the cow.
Have you read teh comic books on this then? Never even heard of it before. Episode two was fantastic.

No, I have never really read much western stuff. I had a bit of the character's whole deal explain to me by youtube videos but that was a while back and I don't remember much.

Really enjoying this :)

ATOMIC SUPLEX , following our past conversations about your tirednesses of formulaic Marvel shows (which I share lo a large degree), I can’t guarantee you’ll like this but based on the episodes available so far I would certainly recommend you give this a go if you still have your Disney subscription going. There are significant differences to the set up of your average superhero show, most notably a fundamental trait of the main character which I can’t tell you about without spoiling it.

Really enjoying this :)

ATOMIC SUPLEX , following our past conversations about your tirednesses of formulaic Marvel shows (which I share lo a large degree), I can’t guarantee you’ll like this but based on the episodes available so far I would certainly recommend you give this a go if you still have your Disney subscription going. There are significant differences to the set up of your average superhero show, most notably a fundamental trait of the main character which I can’t tell you about without spoiling it.
I don't have disney right now and this alone is not enough to warrant me signing up again, but I will bear it in mind for next time (and avoid spoilers until then).

First 2 episodes were pretty good, getting a weird Carnivale feel at times (may be the Ethan Hawke character being similar to Clancy Jones').

Accents are a bit ear bleeding across the board though, hopefully it'll leave London soon.

I don't have disney right now and this alone is not enough to warrant me signing up again, but I will bear it in mind for next time (and avoid spoilers until then).
They’re releasing it one episode at a time every Wednesday and today was no. 3, so bear that in mind before choosing when to rejoin. It's a 6-episode series if IMDB is to be believed, so you could join in the coming days and get the remaining three episodes before the month is out, or wait another month and binge the whole lot then.

Also, Obi Wan starts on 25 May and you’d be mad to miss it. So I guess it’d make sense to rejoin at the end of May to watch the entire Moon Knight and at least five Obi Wan episodes (two are being released on the first day) with one month’s subscription.

First 2 episodes were pretty good, getting a weird Carnivale feel at times (may be the Ethan Hawke character being similar to Clancy Jones').

Accents are a bit ear bleeding across the board though, hopefully it'll leave London soon.
You might get your wish in this week’s episode ;)

They’re releasing it one episode at a time every Wednesday and today was no. 3, so bear that in mind before choosing when to rejoin. It's a 6-episode series if IMDB is to be believed, so you could join in the coming days and get the remaining three episodes before the month is out, or wait another month and binge the whole lot then.

Also, Obi Wan starts on 25 May and you’d be mad to miss it. So I guess it’d make sense to rejoin at the end of May to watch the entire Moon Knight and at least five Obi Wan episodes (two are being released on the first day) with one month’s subscription.
Yeah well I'm not in any rush, and I really couldn't give two shits about star wars. That all ended in July 1999 when I walked out of the clapham picture house in the middle of the day after taking the morning off work to see the phantom menace. . . it's just got steadily worse since.

This is fantastic, episode 3 is also great. I love the darkness and confusion of the main character.

Easy enough to find on torrent sites.....

At the very beginning of this series I was questioning how good Oscar Isaac’s English accent was (even though as a half-deaf non-native English speaker I am hardly in a position to judge), but I am now growing very impressed by his dual character performance. And not just the accent delivery, but the overall change in mannerisms, posture and general personality he delivers depending on who he’s playing. Very accomplished transformation :)

I think Oscar Isaac is great in the dual role and while his English accent isn't perfect it's a shiteload better than most American actors' efforts. The plot, fuck knows what's going on but it feels like it's all being put together by someone who does know what's going on so I'll stick with it.

I think Oscar Isaac is great in the dual role and while his English accent isn't perfect it's a shiteload better than most American actors' efforts. The plot, fuck knows what's going on but it feels like it's all being put together by someone who does know what's going on so I'll stick with it.
At the very least it’s a very welcome departure from your usual formulaic superhero genre series. Marvel has started doing this recently with the likes of Loki and WandaVision, and the contrast with other recent series sticking to the traditional setup, such as Falcon and Winter Soldier, is obvious for all to see.

Superhero fatigue is a very real thing. I wish the genre would cease to overtly dominate the film and TV industries as much as it has for the last couple of decades, but at least it’s good to see Marvel seems to have realised straying from the clichéd formulaic films and series we’ve been bombarded with for years and creating more original content might be a wise move.

Incidentally, the hospital had a QR code sticker on one of the windows. It occurred to me to pause it and scan the code, and it takes you to the Marvel website and gives you a free Moon Knight comic :cool:

I remember seeing a QR code in another episode (when he goes to the shelf storage unit), and now believe there is a free comic to be downloaded in every episode.

Just caught up and enjoyed that. Interestingly now some of my co-religionists on Twitter are taking issue with a) Marc's Jewishness being brought in at this late juncture and b) him being portrayed by a non-Jewish actor, neither of which I have a problem with. I think characters should be allowed to happen to be Jewish and also I don't think we have to be played by Jewish actors.

I love the fact that...

Stephen's shonky English accent is completely vindicated by the revelation that Stephen is a persona dreamt up by an American based on some old B-movie.

Back
Top Bottom