Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Monkey boots

What colour suit would they go with?

I ask as I have a wedding in July (my niece who I adore and is really funky) and was thinking of a Burgundy suit but was unsure of footwear, now sorted because of this thread.

Happy to change suit colour to match these.

Wow! Monkey boots have changed price-wise since I was a kid and we all wore those oxblood coloured ones before moving onto DMs.

They look quite nice, btw.

I want
I have a pair of the Grafters kind in ox blood. I've not worn them. They look really uncomfortable.

😳 I bought them because when I was age 10 I desperately wanted a pair and a bomber jacket. Late ma would not entertain this what's so ever as they and me were far too boyish. I begged and begged but to no avail.

So I growed up and bought some.

What about once you put the boots on?

Joking aside, I remember buying a pair of Solovair boots a few years ago and they took ages to break in

I've had a pair for a few years - after much coveting & I adore them.
They didn't take that long to break in (not as bad as I remember old-school DMs, although maybe I am more cautious than I used to be), but although they are fantastically comfortable, I learnt the hard way that they are quite heavy wearing after a few days of solid city-break all day pavement pounding. I longed for a pair of soft-soled far-east made DMs that weekend.

But they are absolutely fine for normal pavement pounding & make me almost look forward to rainy days.
Those ones are gorgeous Topcat :cool:

Back
Top Bottom