Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

. Military Reenactment

The original post is well informative, I have no fucking clue what this thread is supposed to be about.

used to known a guy who was into civil war reenactment

i was quite surprised when i informed him that his arm tattoo quoting the fella might not go down to well in the republic, and he had no clue what i was talking about

:D

Last edited:
it's no surprise to me that Hollis is interested in military re-enactment when he derives his username from general sir leslie hollis, late of the royal marines

but i did think he'd have more to say on the subject than there is in the op

Not Denzil Holles then?
no, if you ever meet hollis you'll find he's very keen in his attachment to the royal marines and as a past commandant of the rm leslie hollis is one of our hollis's heroes. indeed, no one else outside the royal marines (and damned few within them) can recite all the names of the rm's commandants, their birth and death dates and a rude anecdote about each.

I like military reenactment and briefly thought of joining the Red Army one, the 2nd Guards, but realised I would not have the commitment. One show I went to had a small group who recreate picnics that would have taken place in WW2, that really appealed to me.

Back
Top Bottom