Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Michaela Breeze kicks Pain's arse

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
Just watched Michaela Breeze, the only British weightlifter, defy sense lifting weights despite clearly being in excrutiating pain due to a back injury. It really was an amazing performance, I'm not sure I've seen someone look in so much pain and keep going. By the end she was barely lifting for the competition either, as apparently she could lift a lot more, but was just out there because, fuck it, it's the Olympics.

Was nice to hear the crowd cheering her on too :) I was actually applauding from me living room :oops:

G'wan that girl.

The crowd loved it didn't they, and what a difference in attitude to some athletes you see, who are just pleased to be there and then dont give everything they got!

Just seen her in an interview, said she may have dropped out a couple of weeks ago but there was no-one to replace her.

"How close were you to pulling out?"
"It's an Olympic games, pain's irrelevant"

:cool:

The crowd loved it didn't they, and what a difference in attitude to some athletes you see, who are just pleased to be there and then dont give everything they got!
Agreed.

She was awesome. Total admiration for her absolute tenacity and the power to put mind over matter. As she said- all those years of training. I salute her.

I felt in awe, because I know I would have given up :(

Had to laugh at the Russian walking into the wall tho!!:D
She had a shit day.

On top of everything, that clip will probably out live her on t'internetz.
Hundreds of 'wags' will email it to her and it'll be sitting in her inbox when she gets home.

Total respect to her. :)

Surprised she didn't wear a belt for the snatch - are you not allowed to wear one in the snatch?

No jokes please. :)

Great piece by Eddie Butler on this just now.

"If we are not uplifted by this, we are proabably missing what sport is about"

Probably the most profound thing Eddie Butler, or any other sports commentator, ever said!!:)

Back
Top Bottom