Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Michael K Williams RIP

I used to be a taxi controller and was once having him picked up from the Langham opposite the BBC on a Saturday morning. He was just down as Michael Williams which meant nothing to me without the K. There was a demo going down Portland Place (I think a blm one but could have been anything really) and we were parked a couple of streets away so I was calling to tell him how to find us. Anyway, when he heard this he went absolutely apeshit at me and I suddenly realised who it was and was sitting there chuckling thinking 'holy shit, I've got Omar mad at me, I'm going to die'.

Anyway, having customers go nuts at me was a standard part of the job but he was one of the very few to ever have the decency to phone me back to apologise, very calmly and eloquently. He'd had a look out the window, could see the problem and could I please tell him where his car was.

Made my day.

RIP

Last edited:
Very sad news. I'm currently re-watching the wire and he's absolutely perfect in that. I've also been playing an NBA game and he is in the career mode of that 👍

Great actor and by all accounts a great person too. RIP.

I used to be a taxi controller and was once having him picked up from the Langham opposite the BBC on a Saturday morning. He was just down as Michael Williams which meant nothing to me without the K. There was a demo going down Portland Place (I think a blm one but could have been anything really) and we were parked a couple of streets away so I was calling to tell him how to find us. Anyway, when he heard this he went absolutely apeshit at me and I suddenly realised who it was and was sitting there chuckling thinking 'holy shit, I've got Omar mad at me, I'm going to die'.

Anyway, having customers go nuts at me was a standard part of the job but he was one of the very few to ever have the decency to phone me back to apologise, very calmly and eloquently. He'd had a look out the window, could see the problem and could I please tell him where his car was.

Made my day.

RIP
That's brilliant mate.

And fuck me, how scary was Omar.

Back
Top Bottom