Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mexico unveil 1000 Year Old Mummified Aliens

My son rang me today to tell me all about this. He has sent me links.

He’s obsessed with aliens. I just think it’s funny how they look like ET.

A colleague in the office told me about this. 30 seconds later I'd found out about the chancer with the claim, and the colleague & I had a good laugh...but then he told me about Project Blue Beam and insisted it isn't a conspiracy theory but actual fact.

Ok then.........

My son rang me today to tell me all about this. He has sent me links.

He’s obsessed with aliens. I just think it’s funny how they look like ET.

Er... Just a heads-up, this kind of stuff is quite often linked to some very dodgy shit. Like the latter tr*thpole account (on a skim) is also posting Qanon shit.

alien-mexico-132007831-3x4.jpg

Seems legit :thumbs:

Er... Just a heads-up, this kind of stuff is quite often linked to some very dodgy shit. Like the latter tr*thpole account (on a skim) is also posting Qanon shit.
Sorry but I have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t actually watch the videos anyway. I just nod and smile. Bless his gullible little socks. 🤣

Sorry but I have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t actually watch the videos anyway. I just nod and smile. Bless his gullible little socks. 🤣

Qanon. The far right conspiracy theory framework du jour. The lead post on that twitter feed when I looked is about the Hawaii fires being used as a cover for child trafficking, which is a qanon theory/meme.

Not that I'm suggesting he's that deep into the weeds. He might be though. In any case there's not much you could do about it besides being there, and raising an eyebrow if he starts talking about space lasers, or how great the film 'sound of freedom' is.

If you listen to podcasts, Qanon anonymous is worth a go, they've been covering this shit and its seeping into mainstream discourse for a while.

Pseudoarchaeology comes in many shapes and forms but relies on the same core argument: People of the past did not have the knowledge, technology, and/or capability to achieve all that they are said to have accomplished, so someone or something else was involved. Ancient alien proponents will tell you Egypt’s great pyramids, for example, or Peru’s Nazca lines were really due to extraterrestrials, while hyperdiffiusionist proponents will tell you they were built by residents of Atlantis, or another “highly advanced civilization” that lived more than 13,000 years ago. Archaeologists are often accused of conspiring to hide the “truth” of these histories.

These pseudoarchaeological arguments may seem to be simply fun to entertain. But they are invariably heavily biased against Black people, Indigenous peoples, and other people of color (BIPOC), who are doubted to have been responsible for their own histories. Archaeological sites from Africa, Asia, and the Americas are often put forth as proof of external interventions, while the achievements of those who lived in ancient Greece or Italy, for example, are rarely questioned.

Reactions: Cid
Back
Top Bottom