Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Memory allocation problem with Steam

Can someone help please?

Im trying to install Ark-Survival Evolved from a physical disc onto my sons laptop.

I've installed Steam and set it up, but Steam is saying that there is only 70676 MB of available space and the game needs 101343 MB. However I didn't realise that there are actually two versions of the game and I initially downloaded the wrong one (Ark - survival evolved, Survival of the Fittest, which is a more experienced game which he can't use yet). This game downloaded fine.

I've unistalled that one, and deleted all the files, and unistalled and reinstalled Steam, but it's not showing the memory allocation has been restored. Both games are showing in Steam, but neither has been installed. It's almost as if the laptop is still allocating memory to an unistalled game.

There are no other games on Steam on the laptop, and the system states that there is 69 GB of available memory.

I've searched but Google is failing me (or rather I am failing as it goes on about deleting root folders etc which really isn't something I'm experienced enough to do).

It's a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10.

Hope someone can help!

Did you uninstall through steam? Or did you do it via control panel?

To uninstall in steam right click on the game in the library list and choose uninstall. Try that if you haven't already.

Why do you only have 69GB left? How big is the hard drive?

I don't own Ark but I'm amazed that it's over a 100GB in size.

Oh, just saw your screenshot.

Have you checked in the actual steam folder?

C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\Common folder

There will be separate folders for each game. See what's in there.

Or try disk cleanup. Might work?

You've probably done all this already. [emoji16]

In the end I just downloaded it to a spare external drive. Couldn't be bothered with any more faffing.

It is a big game though, and he seems to be enjoying it.

Thanks for all the tips!

Back
Top Bottom