Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Max Boyce - funny/not?

nightowl

Another day on that hamster wheel we call life
I notice he's got some shows coming up later this year and am tempted to go. It's a bit of a nostalgia thing being a fan of Welsh rugby and being old enough to vaguely remember the golden era he was mainly associated with. I've seen bits and bobs of him live and while it's not laugh out loud I get the impression it's a good atmosphere. Anyone else been to see him?

To be honest I found him really annoying in the 70s - possibly because that album was played everywhere - but I imagine a live show would be a right boozy singalong.

He's a nice guy, met him loads of times, as my next door neighbour was in his backing band. not my thing anymore but used to like him when I was younger. harmless enough, nothing to cause offence and it is a good night live.

My motivation for seeing him is partly a nostalgia thing. It's a bit like watching one of those old comedies from when you were growing up... they're not laugh out loud but it's about a time and place. Also, the guy's 80 now so there probably won't be too many more opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom