Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Map shows what the Tube would look like in the style of the New York subway

skyscraper101

0891 50 50 50
I love a good alternartive style London tube map so thought this was interesting and worth a share...

Via My London (via r/London on reddit)

lzdsdfnnfiv81.png

Obviously, interesting though this is, the Beck map is still way more preferable.

I love a good alternartive style London tube map so thought this was interesting and worth a share...

Via My London (via r/London on reddit)

Obviously, interesting though this is, the Beck map is still way more preferable.

The Beck version is clearer when it comes to navigating your way around the system, but where it isn't so good is showing where the lines and individual stations really are in relation to each other.

For that, this map is better, so it's useful to have both of them.

Of course someone’s done one.

I like it. but that's probably more because my brain is more attuned to the tube map. Any time I use the NY Subway I end up looking like a total newb while staring at the map to work out whether I'm on the right train.

Are those letters between Tooting Bec and Broadway stations meant to tell us something useful, or are they there for the lulz?

Are there no longer express trains on the Metropolitan line? It's been a while since I went north of Baker St.

Some odd workings in the "peak" direction only (but not at the moment due to wheel set problems on the fleet)

No more all day "Fast" Amershams or Cheshams , or even semi-fast Watford's. Whole service is now basically a metro type operation.

Always sort of hankered after a "Morden Through Express" (impossible) , an Upminster Local , but London does not have the resonance of say the NY Sea Beach , Lexington Ave Express and so on. But then NY's topography and 3/ 4 tracks does help this service pattern.

Some odd workings in the "peak" direction only (but not at the moment due to wheel set problems on the fleet)

No more all day "Fast" Amershams or Cheshams , or even semi-fast Watford's. Whole service is now basically a metro type operation.

Always sort of hankered after a "Morden Through Express" (impossible) , an Upminster Local , but London does not have the resonance of say the NY Sea Beach , Lexington Ave Express and so on. But then NY's topography and 3/ 4 tracks does help this service pattern.

Ah, ok.

TBH I always used to bemoan the express trains back in the days I lived at Northwick Park and Preston Road meaning I'd have to go back on myself at Harrow or something. That was 20 years ago though.

Back
Top Bottom