Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Macbook and Bluetooth Mouse

steveseagull

Hi I have bought a bluetooth mouse for my MacBook. If I don't use the mouse for about ten seconds, it takes about a second to reconnect and start moving, also have to press one of the buttons..

Is this a shit mouse or are there settings to play with?

Hi I have bought a bluetooth mouse for my MacBook. If I don't use the mouse for about ten seconds, it takes about a second to reconnect and start moving, also have to press one of the buttons..

Is this a shit mouse or are there settings to play with?

10 seconds seems a bit extreme. It happens on my bluetooth mouse/keyboard after quite a bit longer than that.

Well obviously first look at your mouse and general Bluetooth settings within your mac. I don't personally remember any. Every Bluetooth mouse I use on my macbook Pro and imacs just works.

Sometimes when the battery is low it disconnects and reconnects. . . Often with a few taps or a movement, but it's probably just akin to 'rolling the batteries' in a remote. Check the battery power in the Bluetooth menu at the top of the screen.

This is the Logitech mouse I use:

It's wireless rather than Bluetooth (uses a USB socket for the wireless receiver). Startup is pretty much instant, and one set of batteries lasts for two or three years - and I use the mouse a lot. PC or Mac compatible. They have plenty of Bluetooth equivalents, but all with much shorter battery life (two to three months I think).

Last edited:
This is the Logitech mouse I use:

It's wireless rather than Bluetooth (uses a USB socket for the wireless receiver). Startup is pretty much instant, and one set of batteries lasts for two or three years - and I use the mouse a lot. PC or Mac compatible. They have plenty of Bluetooth equivalents, but all with much shorter battery life (two to three months I think).
The problem is with this Macbook, the usb c ports are too close together. For a wifi mouse (which works perfectly) i have to have an adaptor which bulks over the other socket I need to charge ir.

Just get a bluetooth Logitech mouse - no adaptor needed. I have an MX Master, but I'd expect all of them to work properly like you expect tbh.

I have an M1 Macbook and a couple of BT mice plus a trackball thing, and neither takes that long to react. In fact, I don't think they lose the connection or if they do or go to sleep or whatever then they seem to respond instantly when I come back to the mouse.

AFAIK the only BT setting on the Mac is on/off , so it must be the mouse.

This is the one I use most and it is working just fine after two and half years.
YOu don't need to use the adapter shown if you're using BT btw.

1694353193719.png

Back
Top Bottom