Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Luton Airport/ Early Morning Flight.

moody

Member of The Underground.
Got a 7am ryanair flight booked end of feb from luton

Earliest bus gets me in at 5.40 give or take, ryanair says they close there gate aprox 40 mins before departure.

It's a risk.

Or can I go the night before, last bus gets in around 2.40am,

is it possible to crash out somewhere in the airport building like i've done at stansted, not very comfy but better than missing a flight

I did that a couple years ago, it was weirdly quiet at night so just got my blanket out and slept on the floor. Wasn't a problem then.

cool, as long as the airport is open as i'm on such a budget and really can't afford the additional cost of staying somewhere

without knowing where you're starting from, this may or may not be a lot of use, but the thameslink train service (and the bus shuttle between luton airport parkway station and the airport) do run all night.

make sure (if you do this) you get a ticket to luton airport including the bus, not just to luton airport parkway station.

and check national rail enquiries for the specific date you're travelling just in case of railway engineering work.

I'll take a blanket and some valium or whatnot..

but then i might over sleep!

jeez.

lol

Got a 7am ryanair flight booked end of feb from luton

Earliest bus gets me in at 5.40 give or take, ryanair says they close there gate aprox 40 mins before departure.

It's a risk.

Or can I go the night before, last bus gets in around 2.40am,

is it possible to crash out somewhere in the airport building like i've done at stansted, not very comfy but better than missing a flight

I'd go to bed at home early and get up to get the first bus..

5:40am arrival for a 7am flight is perfect.

Then sleep again on the plane. :cool: :thumbs:

National distress website shows there's an 0205 from Cambridge, arrive Luton airport 0340.

The one that gets there at 0540 appears to start in Cambridge, it's not coming from anywhere further north / east, so the chances of cock-up are lower than if it did, but I'm not sure if it's not a bit too tight if you've got to check in by 0620 (not sure how 'approx' their 40 minutes is.)

And again may be stating the bleeding obvious, but take it you know it's best to book in advance on national express - they don't take standing passengers.

I'd go to bed at home early and get up to get the first bus..

5:40am arrival for a 7am flight is perfect.

Then sleep again on the plane. :cool: :thumbs:

mate, it takes aprox 30 mins to clear security, and thats on a good day. what if the coach fucks up? plus luton is supposed to be murder, esp early mornings.

I'd rather get the night before. I'll be so gutted if I miss it.

I have a whole 5* suite to relax in once I get to my destination for best part of the day before I have to collect my friend from the airport

Can you manage with just cabin luggage so you don't need need to check anything in for the hold?

Ryanair iirc let you check in in advance via their app, so you could arrive at airport and be able to go straight to security and then the gate without any pissing about queuing and checking in at a desk etc

Where are you going?

But yeah to be safe and for peace of mind, night before might be a good plan. Its only a few hours to burn. Take some earplugs :thumbs:

mate, it takes aprox 30 mins to clear security, and thats on a good day. what if the coach fucks up? plus luton is supposed to be murder, esp early mornings.

I have a whole 5* suite to relax in once I get to my destination for best part of the day before I have to collect my friend from the airport
I used to fly from Luton all the time and clearing security never took me longer than 10 minutes. I‘m an anxious traveler though, so I understand why you want to get there earlier.

Can you manage with just cabin luggage so you don't need need to check anything in for the hold?

Ryanair iirc let you check in in advance via their app, so you could arrive at airport and be able to go straight to security and then the gate without any pissing about queuing and checking in at a desk etc

Where are you going?

But yeah to be safe and for peace of mind, night before might be a good plan. Its only a few hours to burn. Take some earplugs :thumbs:

just one carry on bag, and yeah, online check in. destination, malta.

So get the last bus, cotch at the airport and set your phone alarm to wake you? just in case. :D

Check in, go through security etc. Stick a post it on your head saying 'Please wake me by x o'clock' ;) Seriously, unless your munted you aren't going to sleep deeply in the airport, even laid out on chairs.

Speaking from experience, Airport chairs are the least comfortable that I have ever slept in. In 1987 went to the airport 4 hours early after a day trip to Majorca & fell asleep. :facepalm: Luckily I worked for BA Holidays at the time & got a flight back about two hours later in the cockpit on the next BA flight which was much more exciting. It's cool being able to see out of the front.
I expect there is an all night coffee shop which you could siit and post in until the airport wakes up.

Having spent many hours overnight in airports, it's always fucking awful.

Go for the early bus, cabin baggage and online check-in mean you just need to leg it from bus to security. No traffic that early in the morning, you'll be fine.

Having spent many hours overnight in airports, it's always fucking awful.

Go for the early bus, cabin baggage and online check-in mean you just need to leg it from bus to security. No traffic that early in the morning, you'll be fine.

yeah, I'm just starting to think this, I'm mean how busy can the roads be at 4/5am plus I would of already checked in, plus no check in bags, and only one terminal building at luton

Last time I flew from Luton some security cunt decided the clear plastic bag my toiletries were in was too big. Had to buy a slightly smaller one from a rip off vending machine then queue to go through security all over again :mad:

Last time I flew from Luton some security cunt decided the clear plastic bag my toiletries were in was too big. Had to buy a slightly smaller one from a rip off vending machine then queue to go through security all over again :mad:

cunts.

I'm not even going to take any toiletries, I'm staying all posh... I know these places are kitted out and ripe for pillaging

Back
Top Bottom