Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lost passport in Italy

Fez909

toilet expert
I think I fucked up.

Just got off the train to Sorrento, and realised I've left my passport in Castellebate, which is a long way from here. So far it's not been found, but the cleaners are going back to the apartment soon to check again.

Let's say it's found, I have a mate just about to set off from Castellebate to Naples Airport. Is there some safe way he can leave it in the airport for me to collect on Sunday?

If not, I'll need to do the trip back to the airport, which is long and expensive.

If it's not found, what the fuck do I do then? Apparently an emergency passport takes two working days, and I'm due to fly home Sunday, so I guess I'm stuck here until Monday/Tuesday?

Any help or reassuring words welcome :(

I think I fucked up.

Just got off the train to Sorrento, and realised I've left my passport in Castellebate, which is a long way from here. So far it's not been found, but the cleaners are going back to the apartment soon to check again.

Let's say it's found, I have a mate just about to set off from Castellebate to Naples Airport. Is there some safe way he can leave it in the airport for me to collect on Sunday?

If not, I'll need to do the trip back to the airport, which is long and expensive.

If it's not found, what the fuck do I do then? Apparently an emergency passport takes two working days, and I'm due to fly home Sunday, so I guess I'm stuck here until Monday/Tuesday?

have a pint in the meantime. or a glass or two of red.

I think I fucked up.

the office for lost and found items at naples airport
yer mate hands it in, texts you, you collect it, job done

I mean you thought you'd lost your passport, didn't even know you'd left your card behind.. and now you might be stuck for the weekend in a coastal town in southwestern Italy, facing the Bay of Naples on the Sorrentine Peninsula. Perched atop cliffs that separate the town from its busy marinas, it’s known for sweeping water views and Piazza Tasso, a cafe-lined square, whe historic center is a warren of narrow alleys etc..

that's a first world problem... ;) 🍷

Unfortunately this is no good. Has to be posted out to you.

I guess I'm gonna have to go back to the airport, ffs

Wait, so your mate has it and is about to set off from Castellebate to Naples Airport?

But they can't hand it to airport lost and found because their policy is they don't return stuff in person and only by mail?

How about overnight courier it to where you are? You get it by tomorrow? Don't most airports have some sort of DHL/FEDEX etc.

Naples airport has a left luggage facility, get mate to place in a bag and put in there, mate will need to explain what's happening and that it won't be mate collecting the bag.

If it is lost you won't be travelling, get to the nearest British embassy/consulate as soon as you confirm it's lost and get things going. They can get things going the same day if you plead with them.

Hope it turns up.

Unfortunately this is no good. Has to be posted out to you.

I guess I'm gonna have to go back to the airport, ffs

Have you mate leave it with left luggage at Naples airport.

Get your mate to check into an airport hotel, leave the passport in the room safe, and then find some terrible fault with the room and immediately leave demanding a full refund and giving your contact details. When the hotel find the passport they'll contact you, and you can pick it up on Sunday.

Naples is further from Castellebate than Sorrento is, If your mate is in Castellebate rather than Naples can't he bring it to you or the two of you meet in the middle?

When Mrs Q and I were coming back from Alghero in Sardinia, we sat down on the plane to come home and there was something on my seat which turned out to be a wallet. I handed it to the stewardess and she disappeared off to the front of the plane with it. I always wondered if they managed to catch up with its owner and return it. However given it was Ryanair they probably just lobbed it out of the aircaft onto the tarmac.

I've not tried that. :hmm:

I do, however, remember being stuck in a hotel in the middle of nowhere with my sister. We'd had a horrible day and really needed a drink but the hotel bar was closed and there was nowhere else open. We did however for various reasons have two bottles of Limoncello... 😭
could have been worse, you might only have had one

Back
Top Bottom