Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

london trip advice - decent cafes and gig recomendations?

Kaka Tim

Half Arsed and Slapdash till I Die
So - off for a little break in that their london. We're staying in a B&B in cricklewood - any dencent cafes in the vincinity? And are there any gigs or pubs that do live music in easy tube reach. Also - any decent but not overpriced cafes near tate modern?

Thanks in advance!

So - off for a little break in that their london. We're staying in a B&B in cricklewood - any dencent cafes in the vincinity? And are there any gigs or pubs that do live music in easy tube reach. Also - any decent but not overpriced cafes near tate modern?

Thanks in advance!
You're not that far from Camden which has a few live gig places , the Dublin Castle comes to mind

I go to Cricklewood occasionally, don't know any pubs other than The Crown , a legendary Irish pub , now a pub with a hotel attached (my mum & dad always stayed there when they came to London for weddings / funerals.)

Cafes ? No idea tbf.

any decent but not overpriced cafes near tate modern?

I think anywhere close or on the borough market patch is probably in the 'overpriced' category now

if you mean a caff there's bankside cafe on hatfields, off the cut (behind southwark underground) map here - a while since i've been in there but used to do a decent breakfast.

or if you carry on down the cut, possibly crossing in to lower marsh, there's quite a variety of eateries. nowhere in inner london is going to be cheap any more.

(hells bells, it's almost 35 years since i worked near borough market - definitely before the idea of it all getting trendy round there happened)

I think anywhere close or on the borough market patch is probably in the 'overpriced' category now

if you mean a caff there's bankside cafe on hatfields, off the cut (behind southwark underground) map here - a while since i've been in there but used to do a decent breakfast.

or if you carry on down the cut, possibly crossing in to lower marsh, there's quite a variety of eateries. nowhere in inner london is going to be cheap any more.

(hells bells, it's almost 35 years since i worked near borough market - definitely before the idea of it all getting trendy round there happened)

bankside cafe is exactly the sort of thing im looking for - cheers!

Thanks in advance!
I was at the Lexington on Pentonville Rd on Friday. If I was showing visitors a night out I'd probably take them there. gig upstairs , grand old boozer downstairs. It's 10mins (uphill) from Kings Cross tube.

Pretty sure Sheila's cafe is still open on Cricklewood Broadway.
Used to be a great cafe back in the day.
Whether you were having a big fry up or a can of special in the warm.

Maria's cafe is probably as close as you will come to a traditional caff. Can't remember what prices are like but be prepared for crowds, especially Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They will do a straight cuppa, bacon roll etc.

Maria's cafe is probably as close as you will come to a traditional caff. Can't remember what prices are like but be prepared for crowds, especially Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They will do a straight cuppa, bacon roll etc.

I had thought of Maria's Cafe in Borough Market - but it seems that Maria has retired and it's changed hands - they now do things that involve avocado and / or rocket but it may still be reasonable-ish by local standards.

:(

Maria was part of the old Borough Market, was somewhere round here in Park Street but got priced out, and moved in to the market hall instead.

Back
Top Bottom