Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Last minute beach package ideas

rutabowa

LOSE IT
This is prob quite a difficult ask but we are suddenly looking for a beach package august 19th to 22nd august, it would be for us the parents, our 11 yr old, and maybe my dad... my mum died a couple of months ago and he in particular has had a hard time of it so would be nice to take him away somewhere. But obv prices are an issue at moment. Are there any places that have genuine last minute deals any more? Basically anywhere that is an easy package with a beach/pool would be great, we thought of Greece. But it is ages since I looked for anything like this.

Malaga. It'll be busy this time of year but it has everything you want.

Or try N Spain. It'll be busy but less so than the south. It'll be hot, but less than Andalucía. I'd suggest you try Santander. It's nice, not too busy, and not too hot. You have town and beach, an airport, and railway. Its a great three day destination which is also less well known by Brits apart from ferry passengers.

Or try Porto. It's a nice city, cheap, and has beaches.

I‘m thinking as an alternative to Spain perhaps France. The weather isn’t going to be so hot but France has decent weather and some great beaches. Price this time of year could be prohibitive.

rutabowa the dates in the op, are they the start date options, or are you looking at just the three day?

I did mean just 3 days.
I guess I'm not so much after locations as places I can search/ring that might have genuine cheap last minute packages... not bothered on specifics as long as theres beach. Stuff like last minute dot com, but I just assume that is a waste of time as it's too well known. Thomas cook looked to have some possibilities

Def not expecting anything culturally amazing or quaint and nice!

I did mean just 3 days.
I guess I'm not so much after locations as places I can search/ring that might have genuine cheap last minute packages... not bothered on specifics as long as theres beach. Stuff like last minute dot com, but I just assume that is a waste of time as it's too well known. Thomas cook looked to have some possibilities

Def not expecting anything culturally amazing or quaint and nice!
In that case look at Bilbao, it has an airport, beaches, and has culture if you want it. The same applies to Santander. Northern Spain is very accessible, has good food, and amazing beaches. In my opinion better than the costas. If, when, I go back I’ll be looking in Galicia, the Asturias, and the Basque country. I say this as someone whose heart is very much in Andalucia.

Alicante - do what Poot says. Cheap and easy.

Another +1 for skiathos, although I'd struggle to only be there for 3 days it's that lovely.

Try on the beach for last minute August.

Good luck, seriously, with the price. Accommodation costs have gone through the roof in my recent experience. Plus EasyJet have cancelled loads of their schedules. I'd be interested to see what you come up with. I'd definitely go to airline websites for a cheaper flight, but good luck with air b&b costs.

Oh, and Skiathos is really lovely.

Unless you want to spend hours looking at location by location, flight by flight , which is a tedious and infuriating match up then the last minute 'deals' with big holiday companies plus stuff like last minute, on the beach, holiday pirate sites are your best bet. It's peak season, just throw a dice.

Last edited:
I book all my package holidays through TUI.

Just had a look on their website, loads of options for 3 days in Europe from the 19th.

Not cheap though.

If going for 3 days Spain is a far shorter flight than Greece :)

2hrs rather than 4 - 2.5 to southern Spain. If you don't have EU passports I'd avoid Malaga at this time of year as it's the main airport for that region and one of the worst for long queues at immigration (at least from what I've seen on twitter). Northern Spain airports should be easier and the flights are quicker too.

Turns out they slightly messed up and plakias is like minimum 2 hours drive from Chania were the flights went, which when flights arrive at 1am and only going for 3 nights wasn't really any good.. BUT the love holiday people were actually v good and sorted somewhere much nearer without much bother. So it was Platanias, not Plakias. Then the wizzair flights were both delayed... then was sorting out not having enough time left on one of the passports, along with it being an emergency one. All a bit fraught. But against the odds we all got there and it was exactly right, will def be back. The village was just a beach tourist place but still managed to be quite charming, it was all Scandinavian and Greek tourists not that many english for some reason, so family friendly and not too party. I did have a load of pints of Mythos lager tho to keep our image strong dont worry. And Chania itself well it is pretty beautiful (so glad that a combination of me getting flight time home wrong and wizz air delaying flight again meant that we ended up hanging around here for several hours longer than expected).

Next time: book any trips in advance (they're not really into spontaneous plans). Check passports. Go for longer. Dont get ridiculous time flights (just got home at 6am today). Eat at cheap huts not fancy looking places (except this one posh bistro type place in Chania that was awesome and actually cost same as all the hack places as they were all on the harbor so might as well get more for money). Would prob use the travel agent again they were ok when put to the test.

20220819_185920.jpg
20220821_195148.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom