Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ladies (and gents) have you tried the following facials?

thriller

Last of the world's good men
Banned
DIY: Turmeric Face Mask - for rosacea, acne, and dark circles

Milk as a cleanser:

Thoughts???

TBDW - too much bandwidth, didn't watch. FWIW I've heard about using milk as a cleanser before - it's not something I'd use all the time, but it works to a limited extent and at least it's less allergenic (for most people) than some of the cleansers you can buy.

Never had any need for the first and like Greebo I've heard of milk as a cleanser before but I don't need to use a cleanser either, living in fairly clean aired ruralness :) There's a lot of natural things that you can use for beauty products. I have a coffee scrub that a friend made for me as part of a xmas pressie, unfortunately I was in the bath last night before I remembered it was in another room!

I use turmeric to dye wool tops so I'd be wary of putting it on my skin too. I'll maybe put some on my hand tomorrow to see what happens.

Would a turmeric face mask not leave you rather yellow? Getting the stuff off the kitchen counters is a cunt of a job.
I expect so, but look at the colouring of the woman using it - very dark hair, very dark eyes and probably not very pale skin. I won't be trying it any time soon. BTW it's easier to get out of plastic etc if you apply a bit of vegetable oil and then wash with detergent & water as usual.

I'm gonna try the milk as face cleanser tomorrow morning. Can't see why straight men can't try it. Though he mentions in the video to add sea salt (but wouldn't table salt work the same?)

Some websites don't even mention adding salt. Just milk on cotton wool. Leave for a few minutes and rinse.

I expect so, but look at the colouring of the woman using it - very dark hair, very dark eyes and probably not very pale skin. I won't be trying it any time soon.

Not too keen in this either-though after she washes the face, the colour has come off completely.

Alternative is milk powder and warm water. mix and apply to face as a facial mask. But of course, I don't see why one cannot replace the warm water with honey.

Not too keen in this either-though after she washes the face, the colour has come off completely.

Alternative is milk powder and warm water. mix and apply to face as a facial mask. But of course, I don't see why one cannot replace the warm water with honey.
I'll leave you to your experimentation - still got enough ultrabland etc from Lush so no need to mix my own in the immediate future.

My only health and beauty treatment is internal, a regular coffee enema, I administer it from the other end!

I've done diy turmeric facials. Trick is mix it in with something else like clay and to rinse properly. It hasn't stained my face and I'm about as pale as they come. I found it really helped with redness. I have sensitive skin and hormonal issues which make it more prone to redness and inflammationg, I found turmeric to be really effective in calming that down (in the short term).

Last edited:
tried the milk cleanser this morning. no salt. just cotton wool soaked in milk and rubbed onto face then risned off with water. surprised that it actually removed dirt from the face.

tried the milk cleanser this morning. no salt. just cotton wool soaked in milk and rubbed onto face then risned off with water. surprised that it actually removed dirt from the face.

I suppose the salt is in there as an exfoliant; bit sharp, though, I'd have thought...?

The oils and fats in the milk would lift the dirt.

Our skin produces a very fine oil, and any dirt gets caught in that oil. Soap works by adhering to the oil and lifting it off when rinsed away. Any oil works in much the same way: it would mix with the oil on the skin, and then when you wipe it off, both oils would come together, together with the dirt.

The oil on our skin is fine and light enough to wash off in sufficient water: think how we can get squeaky clean after swimming.

Someone once told me that some Gypsy tribes would cover themselves in turmeric, and it would stain their skin a kind of golden colour. No idea if this is true or not: if so I guess they must have left it on for some time and repeated it fairly often. I suppose, as travellers being exposed to new bacteria and pathogens as they went along their way, covering the skin with something with so many medicinal benefits was a good prophylactic. If true, I'm guessing it was the Romani, who had links with India, where turmeric is a native plant.

Last edited:
Well, I washed my face again this time with the usual facial cleanser as my face felt little oiler than usual after a few hours. Didn't like it so wont be trying this again.

I might try that milk bath thing, that could be nice.
When I had access to a bath, I used to add a mugful or so of skimmed milk powder to the water. Not every time as it's a bit expensive. I found that it left my skin a bit softer than usual afterwards.

Oats do that too - tie up in some tights & swish about. I sometimes make a face pack with a sachet of dried yeast mixed with warm water or milk. Fullers earth's good too for a mud type mask.

My favourite DIY facemask is doenjang paste. I spread on a thin layer, let it dry and then gently rub it off. It makes your skin really soft and has friendly ( :hmm: ) bacteria and vitamins and stuff in. Rubbing it off rather than washing it seems to provide a nice gentle exfoliation.

img_0080.jpg

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom