Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

JustDefy the vampires! 19th of July

Taxamo Welf

kebagels pls
K. O. its back on after our interesting 'your venue stabs punters' delay, and its on the 19th and its at the redstar which is next to a free festival that day so you REALLY CAN'T GO WRONG!

oh yes its also for a good cause - www.nbs-sos.blogspot.com
frontcb7.jpg

finalbackofflyerwithlogct1.jpg

Looks ace tax! Unfortunately I think there's a Glade clash so I won't be there :(
cheers, yeah...

i'm begginning to realise why i got the venue for free that weekend :hmm:

actually i'd be at glade myself, but i'm fucking doing something else for the NBS campaign in hull earlier that day!

The life of a red is a lonely one :(:D

Are you doing flyers for this? If so, we can just flyer the fuck out of the Country Show, that day, that might bring some punters in. :)

Also, if the lovely tendril and/or DJ Tab from Housebreakin' should be playing (as offered by them on the other thread) they might well stick it on their mailing list. :)

Are you doing flyers for this? If so, we can just flyer the fuck out of the Country Show, that day, that might bring some punters in. :)
Yeah deffo. Flyers done in next day.

Also, if the lovely tendril and/or DJ Tab from Housebreakin' should be playing (as offered by them on the other thread) they might well stick it on their mailing list. :)
unfortunately there's no space now; the night starts at 11 as theres a festival on camberwell green that day which redstar are helping host.

note jerome is now playing btw peeps, yay!:)

Arse! It clashes with the Offline Lambeth Country Show after party at the Albert, but feel free to pop in for a snifter en route to the Redstar!

unfortunately there's no space now; the night starts at 11 as theres a festival on camberwell green that day which redstar are helping host.

note jerome is now playing btw peeps, yay!:)

This has now changed and we are helping out with the Upstairs room

Tendril, Dj TAB and Groovers4Life's Sneaky Pete will be playing an alternative to the main room madness. Expect House, Funk, HipHop, Reggae, Dancehall, mashup and some choice cuts :)

It has gone out on our mailing list tonight, so fingers crossed that will help bring some punters down :)

This has now changed and we are helping out with the Upstairs room

Tendril, Dj TAB and Groovers4Life's Sneaky Pete will be playing an alternative to the main room madness. Expect House, Funk, HipHop, Reggae, Dancehall, mashup and some choice cuts :)

It has gone out on our mailing list tonight, so fingers crossed that will help bring some punters down :)

thanks for this!

casual observers please note, i am not a complete muppet - the promoter randomly told us his other night had cancelled just the oter day so we have sorted the second room.

I am about 23% muppet

I just had a call from Taxamo, due to a massive demand for such an amazing bunch of DJs the night will now start at 9pm. :):)

ha ha what a hectic one. Easily the best one yet, but still mad fuckeries with the venue, not really either sides fault, just a lack of conatct with the promoter. hard to apportion the blame as they reckon i always knew they had a separate work number, but basically about half the ounters in their got in for free which was news to me on the night. It was fine, just a big panic when i realised!

all in all it was a brilliant night with Jerome genuinley playting one of the best, if not the best, set i have ver heard, in any country. Absolutely brilliant, way more techno focussed than most of his sets i have heard recently, but just as creative and original. but still fuckijng banging :D When my mates who don't like dance music, who were only there to do the door and help out, start raving about its special for me :)

Biggets thanks of all to louise who played 3 times or more to cover lat minute madness, you've been a star :)

PS £600 - £700 depending on costs, and thats with half the crowd not paying :)

The venue was shocking- call that a bar?!! Music & crowd (and promoter) were all great though.

The venue was shocking- call that a bar?!! Music & crowd (and promoter) were all great though.
aye.

its still a huge leap for me to crack some place cos its just me doing my stuff really, but i might just fucking do that next time. Tired of dealing with venues. And these guys were actually really really nice, its just a fucking stress. For them too; their interests = party finisehed early/on time, drinks popular and expensive, music quiet. My interests: party goes on as long as possible drinks irrelevant but cheap as possible if ppl want em, soundsystem fucking loud.

a struggle must go on beween these two classes... its dialectical... :D

Back
Top Bottom