Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

john tyndall: his papers

Pickman's model

Starry Wisdom
does anyone know where tyndall's archive ended up? if wayne ashton, late of the nf, can have his papers in the university of warwick i don't suppose tyndall would have settled for anything less than the national archives. but i can't find hide nor hair of them.

does anyone know where tyndall's archive ended up? if wayne ashton, late of the nf, can have his papers in the university of warwick i don't suppose tyndall would have settled for anything less than the national archives. but i can't find hide nor hair of them.
I have a vague sort of feeling that hancock ended up with them to sort out a proper library collection. I have nothing to back that up though.

Harrington also deposited a load of NF papers at Warwick: http://web.warwick.ac.uk/services/library/mrc/ead/321col.htm

You've already asked the librarian there?
no: but a search (inurl:ac.uk "john tyndall" "bnp" archive) suggests tyndall's papers not in a college or university. a.k. chesterton's papers at university of bath, though, and searchlight archive at northampton university. but tyndall's? dunno. tried a2a without success.

David Renton did a paper on fascism and anti-fascism using microfiched documents from the Hackney Archives, also Public Records Office, Modern Records Centre At the University of Warwick (although you've covered that one), LSE, Library at Hull University, Imperial War Museum and the British Newspaper Library at Colindale. You could try those sources and also email David Renton to see if he has any other ideas where they might be.

Back
Top Bottom