Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Japan vs Poland (Group H) - 15:00 - 28/06/2018

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Poland have been dismal in both previous games and are already out. Hopefully Japan will win this as it has been a really good group. Will be a shame whoever goes out but got to think it will be Colombia or Senegal.
Japan and Senegal require only a point in their respective games against Poland and Colombia to qualify.

Colombia will qualify with victory over Senegal. If Colombia win Japan will need to lose by fewer goals than Senegal to progress. Colombia can also qualify with a draw if Japan lose, because they have a better goal difference.

If we want to see this at the big local pub, we have to buy tickets ahead to reserve a table... still, it's tempting, atmosphere will be mad...

I am opting for the Senagal vs Colombia game as there is more at stake.

Are you in Japan?

Yeah, just checked with the pub and it's standing room only, tickets are over £20 each (you get food & beer vouchers) and then there's the hassle of getting a taxi home. Match kicks off at 11pm, trains have stopped running by the time the match is over and the taxi rank will be jammed :(

Gonna stick a few cans in the fridge and watch it on telly instead!

:D
I know but thought some sort of terrible racial stereotype would be funny :facepalm:

Shh. We must never talk about this again. In the meantime, they're playing You'll Never Walk Alone on the wireless by my favourite J-Ska band - Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.

So much expectation!

Back
Top Bottom