Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is there any singer you can’t stand to look at?

Really? I love Martha ~ is this available anywhere?
I hope not. It was a sad sight.

Photos from the Croydon Summer Festival 2010, 31st July 2010 with the Damned and Martha Reeves, Lloyd Park, Croydon, UK

" Martha Reeves was horribly disappointing. The sound was awful, there was no band (only a vocal-assisted backing track) and there was very little to remind you of her great musical legacy. "

OMG ~ what’s wrong me ~ not Motown ~ MAC and Katie Kisson ~ Sugar Candy Fucking Kisses!!!! I LIKED it!

I hope not. It was a sad sight.

Photos from the Croydon Summer Festival 2010, 31st July 2010 with the Damned and Martha Reeves, Lloyd Park, Croydon, UK

" Martha Reeves was horribly disappointing. The sound was awful, there was no band (only a vocal-assisted backing track) and there was very little to remind you of her great musical legacy. "

Was stood too close to comment on the sound quality* but there was a bit where she reminisced about Marvin Gaye & then sang What's Going On, a couple of people were singing along quietly behind us, and my mate had tears in his eyes afterwards.
Maybe we're just easily pleased...

*We were really close but to the side, where the sound's usually a bit off anyway, & had a brief discussion whether to stay where we could practically hear her without a mic, or head back to where the sound might be better. I think we made the right decision :)

eta: just realised you're talking about a completely different festival... this was Cross The Tracks in Brockwell Park last year, she's got much better hair now :cool:

Last edited:
I wasn't bothered by her looks but I had to flee the park where Martha Reeves was decimating her greatest hits a while ago. Her voice was totally shot. :(
Yes , sadly saw her pretty much screeching through her set a few years ago. It was quite sad. They were incredible in their time.
I can’t stand thinking about, never mind looking at Cliff Richard, the happy twat.

I have to say that the prospect of Meatloaf gurning and sweating put me off going to see him, although I do like the music on the right occasion.

Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics.

I quite like some of their tunes but he has a very punchable face.
My brother used to work at V2 records when they were signed there.
Said Kelly was despised in the office for his general arseholeness. If he came in the office and someone who wasn't a beautiful woman said hello to him he'd literally ignore them.
In the end when he came in all the staff would symbolically turn their backs on him.

Conversely the drummer Stuart (rip) was a lovely guy who'd pass the time of day with the office workers- would always go up to my brother and say "alright mate" is a thick valleys accent and have a chat.

As a child a friend of mine was terrified of Mark Almond

(I think it was his look combined with what a scary song Tainted Love is)

Back
Top Bottom