Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it possible to enjoy DJing music you dislike?

Hollis

bloody furious
:weed:

Seriously, say you moderately disliked or were indifferent to drum n bass, or techno, could you still enjoy DJing it. My understanding from watching several YouTube videos about "beginning DJing" is that there's a range of skills and aspects to it separate from the music?

No direct experience, but wouldn’t you have to be a bit obsessed with your chosen genre to really be any good, to be authentic, respected, and bring new stuff to the table. Or to the dance floor, or wherever?

Are you planning on doing some gigs Hollis ?

I think you would likely improve your skills playing different bpms and perhaps if you were getting paid to play it might be tolerable.

No direct experience, but wouldn’t you have to be a bit obsessed with your chosen genre to really be any good, to be authentic, respected, and bring new stuff to the table. Or to the dance floor, or wherever?

Maybe, but not to just play some records.

Are you planning on doing some gigs Hollis ?

I think you would likely improve your skills playing different bpms and perhaps if you were getting paid to play it might be tolerable.

I was figuring it might make a good 'retirement hobby'.. But then I put on a 3 hour mix of techno music in bed one night, and had to press the stop button after 90 minutes, couldn't take any more of it..

Back
Top Bottom