Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

iPad screen repair

ShiftyBagLady

Thinks she is a flower to be looked at
Can anybody recommend a local place that might be able to replace a cracked iPad screen? I know some places in the market to phone screen repairs but wondered if anybody has used them for iPad screen repairs

Can anybody recommend a local place that might be able to replace a cracked iPad screen? I know some places in the market to phone screen repairs but wondered if anybody has used them for iPad screen repairs

I've used the place on Atlantic next to the Baron (it's in a half an arch) for a phone screen replacement but not an iPad. Was quick and it worked and he stayed open late so I could go pick it up. Wasn't cheap but I think these things are always pricey and he was cheaper than a couple of other places I asked.

I've used the place on Atlantic next to the Baron (it's in a half an arch) for a phone screen replacement but not an iPad. Was quick and it worked and he stayed open late so I could go pick it up. Wasn't cheap but I think these things are always pricey and he was cheaper than a couple of other places I asked.
Do you mind me asking how much it cost?
I can't remember if the home button is also broken on my iPad but I imagine if that has to be replaced it'll be stupidly expensive :rolleyes:

I think it was about £70. Was not happy with myself for dropping the phone!

Don't know about ipad buttons i'm afraid...

Blimey. I've seen a place online that will do it for £40,might just have to do that instead.
But I'll ask about as I'd rather use a local place.

Do you mind me asking how much it cost?
I can't remember if the home button is also broken on my iPad but I imagine if that has to be replaced it'll be stupidly expensive :rolleyes:
I've heard that if the home button has a fingerprint sensor, that replacing it can destroy the whole machine because it thinks you are trying to bypass the Apple Pay security. The only way to get it fixed is to leave it to the Apple Shop.

I've heard that if the home button has a fingerprint sensor, that replacing it can destroy the whole machine because it thinks you are trying to bypass the Apple Pay security. The only way to get it fixed is to leave it to the Apple Shop.
Yeah I've heard that too, this iPad hasn't been updated to the latest software update and I don't think that it happens to devices until/unless you update the software.
It's an ipad2 (doesn't have a sensor) and apple didn't say they would/could repair it and weren't even offering a discount if I were to buy a newer model so I reckoned I'd just replace the screen.

Ipad2 £197 from Apple most likely they'll give you a refurb one which is as good as a new one.Cheapo screen replacement probably a lot less but you pays your money and takes your choice,maybe you'll be lucky maybe be not.Often the screens are knock-offs and may have colour wash and so on.If you just want a functional iPad and are not too fussy the cheap job may work for you.

Ipad2 £197 from Apple most likely they'll give you a refurb one which is as good as a new one.Cheapo screen replacement probably a lot less but you pays your money and takes your choice,maybe you'll be lucky maybe be not.Often the screens are knock-offs and may have colour wash and so on.If you just want a functional iPad and are not too fussy the cheap job may work for you.
Apple weren't offering me any kind of deal or discount on a replacement or refurbished device (this one may originally have been a refurb, can't quite remember) they just told me to buy a newer device. Pretty much the same with a cracked iPhone screen (happened to both at the same time in a horrible phone dropping on tablet disaster) so I was rather pissed off and loathe to spend that much money replacing everything.
I just want a functional thing for my son to play on. He's currently using my iPad and filling it up with shit and I need it back for myself.

Apple weren't offering me any kind of deal or discount on a replacement or refurbished device (this one may originally have been a refurb, can't quite remember) they just told me to buy a newer device. Pretty much the same with a cracked iPhone screen (happened to both at the same time in a horrible phone dropping on tablet disaster) so I was rather pissed off and loathe to spend that much money replacing everything.
I just want a functional thing for my son to play on. He's currently using my iPad and filling it up with shit and I need it back for myself.
I see your problem and hope you can solve it easily (quite a few places around London do screen replacements around £90 and some even have a years guarantee but I'd be wary of the "oh it wasn't just the screen it was blah blah") don't know which apple store you went to but try another one,the are generally very helpful if a little expensive,get an appointment and make it not during rush hour,it's worth another try.

I see your problem and hope you can solve it easily (quite a few places around London do screen replacements around £90 and some even have a years guarantee but I'd be wary of the "oh it wasn't just the screen it was blah blah") don't know which apple store you went to but try another one,the are generally very helpful if a little expensive,get an appointment and make it not during rush hour,it's worth another try.
PS:shouldn't matter if it was a refurb or not that's the Apple price for a screen repair,or any other repair for that matter.

That's no longer a problem - they rowed back from it in the face of threat of class actions.

I bought an Amazon Fire tablet. It was £35 on Black Friday, but Amazon had £10 off if you tried their one day delivery, so £25. Then they emailed me and told me that the charger was faulty and offered either a replacement charger or a £12 refund. I'm not exactly sure what an iPad does, but for £13, this tablet I have is magic.

I bought an Amazon Fire tablet. It was £35 on Black Friday, but Amazon had £10 off if you tried their one day delivery, so £25. Then they emailed me and told me that the charger was faulty and offered either a replacement charger or a £12 refund. I'm not exactly sure what an iPad does, but for £13, this tablet I have is magic.

Ditto. iPads are much better, but arguably not hundreds of pounds better.

I have used the place opposite the popcorn booth in the market for iphone screen and battery replacements and they did a good job. The screens are not as durable as original Apple ones but are much cheaper and seem to work equally well.

Back
Top Bottom