Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Indoor Plant - Bugs

Spymaster

Plastic Paddy
We've got a few plants in pots around the place and I've noticed that one in particular (a rubber plant type thing) has recently had a load of small flies, like fruit flies, paying it particular attention. I want to throw it out but Mrs S likes it.

Should I spray it with this:

1653472414361.png

We've got a few plants in pots around the place and I've noticed that one in particular (a rubber plant type thing) has recently had a load of small flies, like fruit flies, paying it particular attention. I want to throw it out but Mrs S likes it.

View attachment 324027

Cheers. Just bought some sticky traps.

Maybe treat it to repotting - it probably needs it anyway.
and it's summertime - a chance to give them sunshine.

It was re-potted a couple of months ago.

I wonder if that is what is chomping at my (indoor in a pot) basil? :hmm:

Not keen on spraying that with anything since I eat it :D

I only have photos of the damage, I can't see anything on the plants that could be eating it.

It's absolutely glorious, basil is doing really well for me this year so far and I have more than I know what to do with :D (certainly not the worst problem in the world, I could go into autumn with a lot of pesto :D )

It's not my cat doing it or a mouse - I know from last year that mice love chomping on basil but I have made sure that neither cat nor mice can get to my plants this year.

20220525_213147.jpg

(And yes I have freakishly small hands and short fingers).

Last edited:

View attachment 324027
That won't do much for fungus gnats, they lay their eggs in the soil. You can either buy nematodes to water into the soil which will kill the larvae, or you can kill them by watering the plant with diluted hydrogen peroxide (can't remember the % offhand but google will know)

I can't find a suitable ident thread ...
Buzzing around a stinky container of gungy plant matter ...

I'm thinking hoverfly rather than wasp ?

very teeny hence the crap photo...

fly22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom