Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm downloading Fortnite...

My son keeps on about it. I tried it to see if it was suitable. I got killed a lot. One of his mates has played it for about 1000 hours or something.

It's just a place to meet up innit. Something else will be along in a bit.

My son keeps on about it. I tried it to see if it was suitable. I got killed a lot. One of his mates has played it for about 1000 hours or something.

Yeah, it’s not popular because it’s particularly good, it’s popular because it’s free, social and you can play it on a phone. See also Minecraft (which I understand is now completely old hat).

A friend of mine was saying that his son had his mates come round and they just played games. Another friend and me pointed out that that was precisely what we did when we were that age.

Update: Played a couple of games, got killed relatively early, uninstalled it. It's got quite a nice aesthetic IMO, and the construction feature is innovative, but it's not really my thing.

Back to peaceful indie games about boats or trains.

Yeah the last couple of times I played with my lad absolutely everything was 'dope' and we (apparently, according to him) did really well despite getting barely any kills and getting totally hammered. (And he said 'what does that mean?' wrt getting hammered... maybe he's heard people referring to that as being pissed and was confused ....)

My daughter FaceTimes her class mates whilst they play, providing a commentary that whilst cute, is on a fine line of being as annoying as the youtubers they emulate.
Mine skypes her cousin and school mates while they play. It's very confusing to suddenly hear your big sister yell 'dinner's ready' from the living room. I tend to zone out the actual Fortnite chat.

"Fortnite" (it didn't realise that's how it's spelled) was mentioned on BBC Radio 4 today.

I'm sure that means it's a hip game.

Yeah, it’s not popular because it’s particularly good, it’s popular because it’s free, social and you can play it on a phone. See also Minecraft (which I understand is now completely old hat).

A friend of mine was saying that his son had his mates come round and they just played games. Another friend and me pointed out that that was precisely what we did when we were that age.

Aye, a lot of my teenage years can be summed up with the words D&D, Warhammer, and whatever computer or Atari games were doing the rounds...

It’s more a social network than a game...

Back
Top Bottom