Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question I love 4X games and bought Stellaris.

ChrisC

Just bought Stellaris as it has come highly recommended for avid 4X gamers. Damn, it's quite complicated. Anyone have any tips on a good tutorial. I've looked on YouTube there's tons of stuff, not sure where to start. Anyone got this game? What's the best way to begin as a total newbie. You see I'm used to turn based 4X games. This one is in real time so strategies are different. I do appreciate the pause function though.

I didn't get on much with Stellaris beyond the tutorial section of the game. No idea which YouTubers to recommend though ChrisC - I'd just pick one and see if you like them, or move on if you don't. Looks like "ASpec" has quite a few guides? I also found that watching Twitch streams helps too, if you can find someone nice with a low viewer count that's willing to chat with you about how they're playing.

I didn't get on much with Stellaris beyond the tutorial section of the game. No idea which YouTubers to recommend though ChrisC - I'd just pick one and see if you like them, or move on if you don't. Looks like "ASpec" has quite a few guides? I also found that watching Twitch streams helps too, if you can find someone nice with a low viewer count that's willing to chat with you about how they're playing.

Thanks for the advice.

I found this.

Very detailed and concise. Sounds like a good solid bloke to.

So I've fully played Stellaris now. It's great, more addictive than the Dihydrocodeine I'm currently on. I've worked out all the game mechanics. In my view it's a great solid game. All my other games have been put on hold. Great music too.

Reactions: bmd
Mind you the mechanics have changed in the Nemesis 3.0.1.2 update. It seems to run smoother to.

I've been trying this out during the heatwave. On the ps4

I'm completely confused by planetary management and how population works.

Are there any decent tutorials that aren't two hours long?

I've been trying this out during the heatwave. On the ps4

I'm completely confused by planetary management and how population works.

Are there any decent tutorials that aren't two hours long?

What governments are you trying? There are some (devouring swarms especially) that don't need micromanaging, you can just leave them as is and only move them around when required.

What governments are you trying? There are some (devouring swarms especially) that don't need micromanaging, you can just leave them as is and only move them around when required.
the basic human government is all i've played so far.

It's mainly the planetyary management/population screens that are the problem. Very little of is is intuitive and Paradox, bizarrely imo, seem to relish in not explaining anything.

Back
Top Bottom