Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How to get into iPhone contacts

xsunnysuex

Life is a horizontal fall.
I found an iPhone on the train this morning. But it's locked. Is there a way to find contact numbers?
I want to try and return it to the owner. But can't get into it to look.

IMG_20230413_095715.jpg

If they have ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts enabled then you can access them through the emergency screen.

How to access Emergency ID or make an Emergency Call :

To view the Medical ID, open the Health app and tap Medical ID. If the iPhone is locked, follow these steps:

Press the Home button.

Tap Emergency.

On the Emergency call screen, you can make a call or tap Medical ID to see ICE Contacts and any medical information stored on the device.

1*aadqVOqSUUV7ohssDy2CKQ.png

I'm not sure you can get into all contacts without getting through the lock screen, even through siri. You could speak to siri and say contact and then say a random first name , that should bring up a list with all contacts with that name and you can call/message them. Siri wont be able to say who owns the phone though.
However, messages, emails, and notifications should still appear, if you swipe upwards there might be some still there. Could give you some way of identifying the owner or contacts that you could contact?

Otherwise just hand it in.

I accidentally left mine in a taxi in Barcelona once. So the first thing I did was call, hoping he’d answer and I’d pay for its return. Of course he never picked up or bothered taking the call details or anything like that. No idea what he did with it.
Good that there’s honest people like you left in the world.

Back
Top Bottom