Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much hair is a half head of highlights?

Me76

Not very good lurker
Hello all

I am looking for some vouchers to get my hair done for a cut and colour. There are loads for a cut and half head of highlights.

I have one wedge of blue in my hair and I will basically want the roots rebleached. Is that the equivalent of a half head of highlights do you think?

I would have thought a wedge of bleached hair would be much quicker to do than a half head anyway. And probably about the same amount of bleach. But I do reckon you'd have to check as people can be a bit difficult if things deviate from the script at all.

Where I work half a head of highlights costs way more than root bleaching. Are you wanted your roots bleached plus the blue wedge redoing? I reckon that could be about the same as half a head of highlights.

Just the roots on the wedge as I'm doing it in the evening and can't be arsed to wait the extra half an hour to get the blue topped up when I can do that when I get in. I've found somewhere that have a groupon cut and colour for £39 and I called them and they are fine with it. So hopefully it will go well on Monday.

Why would most people want on half a head of highlights?
I understand with a wedge like Me has.
What is half a head of highlights?
Not one side only surely?

Evenly distributed, kitty. :D But mostly on the top of your hair, a whole head is all through the hair, even the bits you can't really see, iyswim. Most hairdressers will do a few highlights at the back so that when you tie your hair up it doesn't look weird, but otherwise it's just the hair that's visible when it's loose that's done on a half-head.

Why would most people want on half a head of highlights?
I understand with a wedge like Me has.
What is half a head of highlights?
Not one side only surely?
A lot of women have half a head and a full head alternately. Half a head is the top half, if you have a short bob, half a head would almost always be enough. If you have long hair and want to wear it up sometimes, you'd need a full head.
Alternate half and full on longish hair helps keep your hair in better condition and save a bit of cash too :)

as you know, Me76 - i have a similar wedge, and i have mine done with foils, like highlights. It takes 13-15 foils most times, although the sections are wider than a highlight which means they use a bit more bleach than 15 highlight foils... otoh, it's the time it takes that costs the money, i think. Anyway, I usually end up paying about the same as a half head of highlights.

A lot of women have half a head and a full head alternately. Half a head is the top half, if you have a short bob, half a head would almost always be enough. If you have long hair and want to wear it up sometimes, you'd need a full head.
Alternate half and full on longish hair helps keep your hair in better condition and save a bit of cash too :)
This is what I do.

Back
Top Bottom