Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Horizon 22

hash tag

Reaching out
Forget The Shard, Horizon 22 is the new kid on the block. It has the highest free viewing platform in Europe
Once up the top you can buy a soft drink or a nibble and there are a few chairs and toilets. Other than this, this 300 degree viewing platform is just an empty space.
I tried making a booking and it was fully booked. Went there on the off chance as I was nearby today. I was told a large party had just gone up so come back in 20 minutes. There were four of us. We went back. I handed over an email address and the only security check was walking through a metal detector. No I'd was requested.
Great views.
Looking down on the Nat West tower.
IMG_20231005_153157.jpg
Looking down on cheesgrater and gherkin
IMG_20231005_155418.jpg
Looking out
IMG_20231005_155713_hdr.jpg
The building
IMG_20231005_160656_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, if I ever go to London I’ll see if I can book a ticket.

I can see where my dad used to work in one of those pics. When he worked there - last century - it felt like a huge building and none of the skyscrapers you point out existed :eek:

Looks good, if I ever go to London I’ll see if I can book a ticket.

I can see where my dad used to work in one of those pics. When he worked there - last century - it felt like a huge building and none of the skyscrapers you point out existed :eek:
I tried booking tickets, it's "fully" booked until November. We literally rocked up and walked in, not even a queue.

I tried booking tickets, it's "fully" booked until November. We literally rocked up and walked in, not even a queue.
Bloke at work entered a raffle for the first trip up the Shard and won.

He said it was good .

I'd have waited till they'd finished the bit at the top, but hey-ho.

Bloke at work entered a raffle for the first trip up the Shard and won.

He said it was good .

I'd have waited till they'd finished the bit at the top, but hey-ho.
We were also up the Shard on opening day, along with Johnson 😡. It was quite a wet, miserable day with restricted views.

Back
Top Bottom