Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hive mind plumbing help, weird loo cistern

fucthest8

Cool people die horrible, preventable deaths.
At my parents. Dad fell into it, now the fucker deposits a constant low flow into the loo, but only once it's full. When it's empty/not full, manually raising the float does not stop it filling

But what the fuck is this mechanism and where could the fault be? The fuck is the plastic sleeve around a - I think solid - plastic pipe sort of thing (not a pipe as solid, water flows down the inside of the sleeve.) IMG_20210509_095032.jpgIMG_20210509_095038.jpgWhat???

Any help gratefully received

At my parents. Dad fell into it, now the fucker deposits a constant low flow into the loo, but only once it's full. When it's empty/not full, manually raising the float does not stop it filling

But what the fuck is this mechanism and where could the fault be? The fuck is the plastic sleeve around a - I think solid - plastic pipe sort of thing (not a pipe as solid, water flows down the inside of the sleeve.) View attachment 267445View attachment 267446What???

Any help gratefully received
The plastic sleeve is there to make filling quieter. It doesn’t splosh and drip with that.

The plastic sleeve is there to make filling quieter. It doesn’t splosh and drip with that.

Ah, right.

So that's all a red herring, it will be down to why lifting the float doesn't cut off the incoming flow

Then the outgoing is literally just overflow - there's nowhere else for it to go, so that's how this cistern deals with that.

That black thing that's next to the siphon, at the top right, is the float: it should move freely up and down, and actuate the valve that stops the flow. First step is to slip that up and down, and confirm that things are happening. It may have got a bit jammed as a result of the impact, and be easily freed.

Sounds like that the float valve has somehow moved so that it’s now set too high. It’s easy to adjust - have a quick Google, there’s loads of YouTube videos or text/diagram instructions depending on what you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom