Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help: iPhone 13 just randomly reset itself and is now showing 'iPhone Locked to Owner'

nosos

My iPhone just randomly reset itself and is now showing 'iPhone Locked to Owner'. It invites me to swipe up and it's now on the factory reset process. Has this happened to anyone else? I can't believe my phone just spontaneously self-destructed like this. Apple support are being fucking useless.

My iPhone just randomly reset itself and is now showing 'iPhone Locked to Owner'. It invites me to swipe up and it's now on the factory reset process. Has this happened to anyone else? I can't believe my phone just spontaneously self-destructed like this. Apple support are being fucking useless.

Go to an Apple Store with proof of purchase and photo ID which shows you bought it.

If someone else bought it take proof of purchase, them and their photo ID.

Unless it’s dodgy in which case, don’t do the above.

Alex

My 89 year old MiL’s. She has a short term memory problem and kept putting in the PIN number till eventually she bricked the phone. In the end I had to upload them the receipt- fortunately I had got in online ( John Lewis don’t you know) and still had the email receipt.

That enabled be to unlock it.

( I reset it anyway and my wife uses it. Got MiL a tablet with a sim card for the bigger screen- and took off all the security!)

I fixed the title for you.

My 89 year old MiL’s. She has a short term memory problem and kept putting in the PIN number till eventually she bricked the phone. In the end I had to upload them the receipt- fortunately I had got in online ( John Lewis don’t you know) and still had the email receipt.

That enabled be to unlock it.

( I reset it anyway and my wife uses it. Got MiL a tablet with a sim card for the bigger screen- and took off all the security!)
Weird, sounds like what happened to me but without the pin number thing!

Go to an Apple Store with proof of purchase and photo ID which shows you bought it.

If someone else bought it take proof of purchase, them and their photo ID.

Unless it’s dodgy in which case, don’t do the above.

Alex
When Mrs Q upgraded her iPad she gave the old one to her brother's teenagers who ended up locking themselves out, the Apple Store would only unlock it for the owner and in the end Mrs Q ended up having to go all the way to Liverpool with her passport to get them to unlock the damn thing.

When Mrs Q upgraded her iPad she gave the old one to her brother's teenagers who ended up locking themselves out, the Apple Store would only unlock it for the owner and in the end Mrs Q ended up having to go all the way to Liverpool with her passport to get them to unlock the damn thing.
I'm struggling with this concept of 'owner'. As long as somebody signs out of an iphone/ipad and someone else signs in, they become the 'owner'. If that hasn't happened you don't really want to be sharing devices around like that tbh.

Did you buy the phone from a bloke in a pub? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom