Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help ID'ing a classic house track.

moody

Member of The Underground.
heard it out tonight, such a familar tune, I should know it... I did ask the dj but have forgoten what he told me plus it was really loud in there.

anyhow, it's a classic east coast house track circa 90s.

sounds a bit like early MAW or even blaze.

got a bit of scatting then a deep male vocal singing about 'perfect day' the track keeps breaking down to this vocal and some mad garage-y style keys arrangement, really jazzy. classic east coast. . it's just every google is bringing up lou reed which it isn't.

suggrestions please

heard it out tonight, such a familar tune, I should know it... I did ask the dj but have forgoten what he told me plus it was really loud in there.

anyhow, it's a classic east coast house track circa 90s.

sounds a bit like early MAW or even blaze.

got a bit of scatting then a deep male vocal singing about 'perfect day' the track keeps breaking down to this vocal and some mad garage-y style keys arrangement, really jazzy. classic east coast. . it's just every google is bringing up lou reed which it isn't.

suggrestions please

I know it's probably not, but you've definitely not mistaken 'Perfect Day' for 'Lovlee Dae'? ("It's a lovely day, and the sun is shining...Everywhere I go, I see children smilin'")

Just for the sake of it this is a percy and does have the word Day in it, and near enough right genre

nice comment here on the youtube post,

@nkululekoduma2281

3 years ago (edited)
this tune here tells almost 90% of a South African story transitioning from the 90's to the 20's millennium, the breakaway from a Historic decade to a new era that would be dominated by House Music, an era full of promise, hope and well defined by house Music, long live house Music. this is one of the songs that would go on to inspire greatness in local house music production which South Africa is recognized for today.

Close then! That's an update/rework of the Lood track using the same vocal. Looking at discogs it seems Donell Rush died right around the time that tune was released.

"Rush died suddenly on March 22, 1996, of pulmonary embolism just months shy of his 36th birthday. His last recording "Shout N Out" with Lood was recorded 6 days before his death." Tragic

Also Lood is Mood To Swing + Louie Vega pseudonym

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom