Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks looks like my weight will qualify me still which is both good and bad (though whatever my actual weight the NHS still have me recorded at above the criteria weight)
Weight? I though the only weight criterion was if you have a BMI over 40kg/m2

Which I am sure you can't be anywhere near.

No contact yet from GP but they are not the quickest with their comms. All past invites have come through NHS invites with the local pharmacies delivering the jabs.

I'm charging my old phone in case I get an invitation.
Last year it was 5th October from the NHS and a reminder from the surgery 20th October.
And got jabbed on 10th - and the Flu at the local pharmacy on 11th ...

Last edited:
I am booked in for the first weekend in November.
I'm considered CV rather than CEV, so I get alerted after the older people and CEV but before the bulk of normals.

Unlike last time it's at the surgery - being retired I try not to use weekend appointments, but I had to choose Saturday 12th October to get a time that allowed breakfast ...

I would sooner never visit the GP surgery again, but it's convenient distance-wise.

Last edited:
I had a private Novavax jab yesterday, it's aimed at the XBB1.5 varient so it's basicslly "last years" booster.. a new one will be out soon. However it has reportedly been better tolerated by a lot of people with Long Covid and maybe even had positive effects.

I have to say I feel pretty great today. So that's good anyway.

I've got an appointment for a flu jab. The text mentioned a covid jab but was a bit woolly about whether I'd get one. Last time I did, so I expect I will.

I've got an appointment for a flu jab. The text mentioned a covid jab but was a bit woolly about whether I'd get one. Last time I did, so I expect I will.
Well it's either that or walk around ASDA with a leaky face covering in the hope of a mild dose ...
I had a very mild dose of flu a few months back that reminded me how much I resent any sickness 4 years into retirement - my first in all that time in spite of having my BIL as a vector from the outside world - their household always seems to have COVID - it was a very light dose so perhaps the flu vaccine worked... in 2018 and 2019 the flu kept me off work for over a month.

Last edited:
My GP surgery sent me a message last night inviting me to make an appointment for Covid booster at hospital. Booked in for 10 September.
I haven't heard anything about flu jab but I'll probably go to local pharmacist for that.

Going for the double next Thursday. There’s very few upsides to my relatively new immune compromised status but free prescriptions and free vaccines is one of them.

What's the deal with covid jabs these days? Do you still have to be invited or can you just elect to get one?

I've no special circumstances to make me a priority and I'm also under 50. So just curious.

What's the deal with covid jabs these days? Do you still have to be invited or can you just elect to get one?

I've no special circumstances to make me a priority and I'm also under 50. So just curious.
You have to be in a particular group as most younger people aren't getting them on the NHS any more. If you've no special vulnerability you can go privately for £50-£100.

I've no special circumstances to make me a priority and I'm also under 50. So just curious
Details of NHS programme criteria on the previous page here and here

There are private providers - Boots will do you one for a mere £98.95 for example :)

Back
Top Bottom