Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has Crouch/Hamlet been beaten to it?

The shows about AFC Bury and Salford City in their non-league days pre-date either. There may well be more.

I doubt anyone in the production company thought they were breaking new ground here.

Ignoring TV this builds on what used to be books. Eamon Dunphy "Another Bloody Season" springs to mind in football. H.G. Bissinger "Friday Night Lights" is probably the leading example, based on American High School football (American football). Well worth a read.

Edited to say the TV series and film based on Friday Night Lights aren't a patch on the book.

Anyone seen this? Sounds very familiar, buts it’s already available! 'I want to leave this club to my kids and their kids'
I can't get the above link to work for some reason but I take it this is about the Robbie Savage documentary? I watched it on Saturday night and was pretty horrified to see Savage interfering and undermining the manager at every turn. Really wasn't a good look for him at all.

There seems to be a trend for these kind of shows at the moment and I have to admit I find them fascinating viewing (and, in fairness, a lot of the stuff shown happening at Macclesfield looked really positive) - but Peter Crouch should probably be wary of the fact that the "star" doesn't always come out of them looking particularly good.

Can only imagine what horrors would have unfolded on-screen in the Tamplin-at-Billericay TV series, if only it had happened.

Back
Top Bottom