Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hair dye disaster!

Boppity

Meet me in Outer Space.
Soooo I've gone and dip-dyed (ombre if you're feeling posh) my hair.

I've done it before and I liked it, it was a kinda subtle shift from dark brown to lighter brown.

This time the ends have gone lighter than last time and it just looks like a bad dye job that's growing out.

I have given myself three options!

One: Deal with it.

Two: Buy an all over brown dye and re-dye my hair, leaving it longer on the lighter ends and try to even it out or at least lessen the contrast.

Three: Buy another dip dye kit and put the lightener on my roots (though the packet says do not dye all of your hair with the dye I can't imagine why that would be...)

If I were to go for option two - how long should I wait lest I damage my hair irreparably???

And if not - what do you guys think would be the best course of action - obviously I am hoping to avoid option one unless I'm at risk of balding myself.

wahl-wa79111-412-balder-hair-clippers-2_1_2.jpg

2679211999_667f572681.jpg

I agree- a skinhead is what you need. It always looks ace, unless you've got a weird shaped head.

Save you a fortune on dye. :)

What about the hair colour mousses that you get(assuming you still get them, tis a long time since I looked a hair products), could you use one of them on the lighter bits? If no then, I'd probably go with all over dye after a couple of days.

Soooo I've gone and dip-dyed (ombre if you're feeling posh) my hair.

I've done it before and I liked it, it was a kinda subtle shift from dark brown to lighter brown.
<snip> - what do you guys think would be the best course of action - obviously I am hoping to avoid option one unless I'm at risk of balding myself.
I seem to remember that cutting is absolutely not an option for you.

FWIW if you can afford it, book a session with a colourist (preferably not a generic hairdresser), tell them what's been done, and describe the effect you'd like to end up with. I really don't recommend trying to fix a wonky dye job at home.

I had this same thread a few years ago :) I was the colour of a red setter then I was plum then I was jet black. It all went really very very badly indeed :thumbs:

Good luck teehee :cool:

From my thread!!!

Accidental red is a nightmare. I dyed my hair a reddy colour years ago, I had it dyed back to my natural colour - once professionally! - several times and no dice. The red always comes through after a few washes.

I had to grow it out, you can still see it in the ends. A few more good cuts and I'll be free forever. :hmm:

You have previous!

I had this same thread a few years ago :) I was the colour of a red setter then I was plum then I was jet black. It all went really very very badly indeed :thumbs:

Good luck teehee :cool:
The worst thing I ever did was try to go from black to platinum, with about an inch root growth from previous dye.

When the peroxide began to really fucking HURT I took it off, and the end result looked like a fucking Rhode Island Red :D The inch root growth was indeed platinum. However, the middle section was bright orange and the ends were a dark red :D

After the initial shock, I grew to quite like it, on the grounds that no one ever would have had this tri-coloured hair round our way :D

just seen your avatar bops - i was right about going pink : thumbs :
The avatar is a fake! I'd love to go pink and probably will some day but I've got a funeral next week and my mother would disown me.

I ended up putting a box dye - chestnut if you're wondering :( - over the top.

It's drastically lessened the effect to a tolerable barely noticeable level.

After the funeral I shall probably experiment with something more fun again!

Pine green looks good with dark hair too and is less in your face than pink :D Don't whatever you do go for candy stripes(cerise and pine green. 1st time is fine then maintenance is a pain!)

<snip>I think if my current job goes permanent I'll celebrate by going pink. Until then I need to stay fairly boring. :p
It might be worth considering some of the spray on and wash out colours (they tend to come off better if your hair hasn't been bleached) used for carnivals etc, although you've probably already considered them.

Or a wig in more or less your current style and preferred texture, but in as wild a colour as you want. Some of them are cheaper than a salon dye job, and not all of them look fake. Hotter, heavier, and sometimes itchier than being able to dye your own hair though.

In fairness it does work.....
I'm not so sure, it took me months to pluck up the courage and I only did it a few days ago and I'm not sure if I'm convinced.

Someone at work came up to me and said 'Oh green...did you do it on purpose?' and my partners mother said 'What were you thin...oh it's different!' :D

Back
Top Bottom