Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gymnastics

Nile's fucking flying. He's gonna overtake Max in no time.

I guess Ukraine are in the final group, meaning I'll have to stay up if I want to see my future husband. Saying that, I did catch a gorgeous Lithuanian earlier. He was pretty rubbish, but at least he wasn't 5'3", Mr Verniaiev!

I saw a American on the horse and his muscles looked fake like one of those tattoo sleeves! Not of course just took my breath away.

The stress has turned him grey :D

I didn't see Said's fall, but fuck, I wish I hadn't just looked at the article on the Heil *vom* I remember my heart being in my mouth when Verniaiev fell from the high bar at the Europeans, but, shit, this was something else.

I am missing Mitch Fenner from the commentary. I did wonder why he disappeared, and sadly he's dead :(

At least there's no Matt "IT'S A GOLD FOR GREAT BRITAIN!! Oh..." Baker.

Who is the male commentator on the gymnastics?

I was impressed by the 41 year old competing in her 7th games today. But felt very bad that her team had picked a baby pink leotard so she looked really incongruous.

Who is the male commentator on the gymnastics?

I was impressed by the 41 year old competing in her 7th games today. But felt very bad that her team had picked a baby pink leotard so she looked really incongruous.
I don't know but was also wondering that

Mens Team Final

Monday (Today - hurray!) 20.00 BBC2 (Eastenders :rolleyes:) then 20.30 BBC1

Britain
Japan
China
Russia
USA
Brazil
Germany
Ukraine

The team:

Kristian Thomas
Max Whitlock
Nile Wilson
Louis Smith
Brinn Bevan

That isn't one of the combos of men (phnar) I saw going to Rio. Expected Dan Purvis and Sam Oldham to be dropped, but thought Courtney Tulloch would have made the cut.

Britain are in rotation with the hosts:

1. Rings
2. Vault
3. PBars
4. High Bar
5. Floor
6. Pommel

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that's not the order the guys would have liked :(

People seem to be expecting a silver this time around, but I'm not so optimistic. Russia and USA are much stronger than in London, and there'll be no home audience, plus huge burdens of expectation.

And leave your "cheaty complaining whinypants" at home this time, Mr. Uchimura!

I'd like to think they could repeat their bronze or even get silver but with China and Japan plus Russia and USA fielding strong teams I have an awful fear they will be 4th.

However I reckon Louis Smith and Max Whitlock are in with a good shout for medals in the pommel horse and Max Wilson and Nile Wilson could sneak one in the individual

It must be so hard being a teenager trying to do your best at your discipline (esp with the crowd fucking around... Did you see the Guatemalan girl screw up her beam decent because the crowd were doing a Mexican wave? :mad:) but to do it as part of the mixed team where you are the only one from your country must be terrifying!

I'm gonna propose they use him and Tweddle for targets in the double TRAPs.

My baby's sitting this one out so I've lost some degree of interest. Sensible though, Ukraine would be lucky to scrape sixth, whereas he'll be expecting individual golds.

Back
Top Bottom