Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GTA VI - 2025 (Trailer)

GTA Florida man :cool:

do worry about the story of the game due to departures from Rockstar..but it will be all about multiplayer anyways

Last edited:
Departure of Dan Houser who been writing rockstar game since the start.

the fact rockstar make more money for online so why focus on single player content
Ah. Hope they sort the control and weird separation of offline and online in this one...

Am I the only person on the planet not a huge fan of GTA games?

I loved San Andreas but mostly for the radio stations and the ability to just hoon it around the desert endlessly. The actual missions got repetitive and dull very quickly.

Can't imagine what the point of playing online would be, but then I don't really get online gaming at all. What's the point of escaping reality if you're taking a load of poorly-scripted NPC's from the real world along with you?

GTA Online is dreadful

could never get into myself
GTA 5 story did at least go on for a while

as the business model for Rockstar has gone so much to online pay as you play model could see that start effecting the GTA story mode

could never get into myself
GTA 5 story did at least go on for a while

as the business model for Rockstar has gone so much to online pay as you play model could see that start effecting the GTA story mo
I enjoyed Los Santos as at the time it felt big and epic with a lot of mostly fun content. But when they moved up with the generations they forcussed too much on story and less on actual interesting content. Though I did enjoy sitting in game in a taxi in GTA4 listening to Remote Viewing by Tangerine Dream. An odd choice for the soundtrack but a great song

Nope. I find them ok fun initially but the novelty generally wears off quickly…
I've only played 3 and 5

In 3 I would just cheat in a sniper rifle go to the top of a building and shoot the arms and legs off cops. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

The story in 5 had some fun moments but most of it just did not land for me. And I found the gameplay really annoying and restrictive.

Go shoot this person
NO don't walk there follow the exact path we want.
NO we won't tell you what is just figure it out.
OK now take cover.
NO not there this other bit of cover
MISSION FAILED

Looks great! I love GTA. I've never been to Miami but i think i might go next year. Problem is i'm in my 50's so it'll be more pitch and put than Spring Break.

It's always been the verisimilitude of the city in these games for me. Yes everything's about 1/10th the real size; downtown is a dozen blocks rather than a hundred, but it feels utterly authentic.

The budget must be absolutely insane. The amount of work that goes into just the world of the GTA games takes an army of hundreds (actually probably thousands) of artists a decade to make. It probably costs more than the most expensive Hollywood movie or prestige TV show.

I haven't played the story of once since I got about half way through 4 and found it boring. No idea if the writing's improved, but it just seemed like a bunch of derivitive vignettes strung together in a random order.

I like the premise of GTA but the reality of playing the thing always disappointed me. Sure GTA6 looks nice but it also looks exactly the same as GTA5, GTA4, GTA3... There's only so many pedestrians I can mow down or prostitutes I can oggle before I'm left feeling ''Is this it?''.

I loved San Andreas but mostly for the radio stations and the ability to just hoon it around the desert endlessly. The actual missions got repetitive and dull very quickly.

Can't imagine what the point of playing online would be, but then I don't really get online gaming at all. What's the point of escaping reality if you're taking a load of poorly-scripted NPC's from the real world along with you?
To hang out with a mate?

It's always been the verisimilitude of the city in these games for me. Yes everything's about 1/10th the real size; downtown is a dozen blocks rather than a hundred, but it feels utterly authentic.

The budget must be absolutely insane. The amount of work that goes into just the world of the GTA games takes an army of hundreds (actually probably thousands) of artists a decade to make. It probably costs more than the most expensive Hollywood movie or prestige TV show.

I haven't played the story of once since I got about half way through 4 and found it boring. No idea if the writing's improved, but it just seemed like a bunch of derivitive vignettes strung together in a random order.
The budget (including marketing) is around 2 billion apparently. GTA 5 had an unfeasibly large marketing budget also.

Had a lot of fun liberally sprinkled with a dusting of frustration doing all the heists in Online with three friends, and later joining a crew and concentrating on the businesses to make money to buy a car collection and ultimately a yacht. Much of that stuff is gone now leaving me with an empty facility, empty three floor Arena Wars garage, a nightclub I never visit, a hangar I'd actually forgotten about and a bunker with $1.5m stock sitting in it.

I wish I could sell stuff but obvs Rockstar needs everyone to keep pouring money in.

Never really got on with the game proper, weirdly, never even got as far as Trevor. Might have a go at it.

Back
Top Bottom