Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Green Gathering 2017

I've been asked to go but I' not sure f I can sort the logistics yet as I have to DJ in Brixton on Sat night. Is there anything happening on a Thurs night there? I could maybe stay till late Sat afternoon...

Green Gathering is actually pretty near us and convenient for us, but it's one of the few fests I've never made at any time in its history. Nearly always, date clashes with other fests were the reason.

This year, we're going to OutCider Festival instead :D

But have a good GG, anyone who goes! :)

Last edited:
Some pics:

green-gathering-musicians-01.jpg

green-gathering-musicians-10.jpg

green-gathering-musicians-19.jpg

green-gathering-musicians-25.jpg

green-gathering-musicians-30.jpg

Green Gathering 2017 in photos: musicians and performers, Chepstow, Wales, August 2017

fair few people i know went and go

anyone know more about the kerfuffle with the caterer who got replaced? ta
GG has to be the least kerfuffle-unlikely festival in the UK. That caterer must have been Evil Personified to cause a kerfufflation in the land of fluffiness.

One time, at some point, we'll have to get us and van to the GG -- pics help me think so editor :)
Looks pretty :cool: :)

Once we've got our evil diesel-powered van fixed that is .... vehicle is currently so fucked/in garage :mad: that we can't make it to our this-weekend's fest** until late tomorrow, Friday, at earliest :(

(**not Boomtown ;) ).

I recognise the Soundscape Stage -- it shows up at other small/good ones :)

If that's true that's a fantastic achievement. I wonder how well Glasto and the other mega-festivals did?

Just Glastonbury :

Based on how much shit was left around by the end of this year's festival in various public camping areas, very poorly :( :mad:

It was noticeably less bad this time (in a completely dry year) than in 2016 (pretty damned wet/muddy) but that's no excuse :hmm:

I blame those punters who just ignore all the efforts the organisers make to push the 'Love the Farm Leave No Trace' message. And the whole theme of Shrangri La this year was to push the 'don't leave your shit behind' message too, and much more creatively there than the official message. There'll be pictures with a few searches ...

The Glastonbury Green Fields, more directly comparable with the Green Gathering (and with some of the same people), were impeccable this year and in previous ones, as were some of the crew areas ...

But at such a huge fest in general, a festival can try its hardest to maximise recycling, but you can lead the public only so far to the reycling bins etc. ... :(

(Historically, festivals like Reading and V have always been vastly worse -- but I've no recent experience of them).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom