Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Google Passkeys

Throbbing Angel

"Passkeys are an easier and more secure alternative to passwords. They let you sign in with just your fingerprint, face scan or screen lock."

I've been 'offered' this from Google - I assume some of you will be or have been too.

Any thoughts? Are you ditching passwords with Google in favour of passkeys?

More: Passwordless by default: Make the switch to passkeys

"Passkeys are an easier and more secure alternative to passwords. They let you sign in with just your fingerprint, face scan or screen lock."

I've been 'offered' this from Google - I assume some of you will be or have been too.

Any thoughts? Are you ditching passwords with Google in favour of passkeys?

More: Passwordless by default: Make the switch to passkeys

I've been using password less login on my hotmail/microsoft account for ages and like it. The Microsoft Authenticator app is quite good. Passwords are a bit rubbish tbh.

I'd not been offered this yet, so had a look. It seems to be a little more clunky, ideally it should just be a push notification to my phone, but the default seems to be to create a passkey using windows hello.

I'm loathe to switch when it's only some services that'll do this.

I've been judiciously uploading passwords into BitWarden for a year or so, and now they're all in there and I can log in to 99% of stuff with a fingerprint as a result.

I don't want to go back to some do this, some do that etc

I'm loathe to switch when it's only some services that'll do this.

I've been judiciously uploading passwords into BitWarden for a year or so, and now they're all in there and I can log in to 99% of stuff with a fingerprint as a result.

I don't want to go back to some do this, some do that etc

I don't think it has to be either/or. You can use passwords and passkeys.

Back
Top Bottom