Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Good makeup product for a bit of tanned glow?

Cloo

Approved by toads
I’m finally coming to the end of my Benefit Hollywood Glo – I rub a bit in with my base, given that my skintone is one shade darker than ‘dead’ so I need something to warm it up a bit when I have makeup on. I’d like to try something else similar, so wondered if anyone had recommendations for a product that gives a hint of shine (for light daytime makeup) and slightly deeper colour, suitable for pale skin. Ideally cream or comes with applicator, as I can’t be arsed with buying brushes; I’d consider spending up to about £25 on a good one.

I've been using Lush's bronzer (called 'Charisma' or something similarly optimistic). It's a little pot, dab on the fingers and rub on, blends well. I never reapply makeup as a rule but it seems to last. I don't use much as I'm very fair skinned but it doesn't look too full on or excessive. It's less than a tenner.

A makeup company I love called Cosmetics a la carte used to do an amazing liquid bronzer which came in a pump bottle. Lasted really well, very lightweight formula. It was awesome. Check their website but I'd suggest going to a shop because their stuff is pricey and you'd want to try it before buying. Or I would, at least

Well, I checked and they do still make the bronzer (it's £35 but if you only use it during summer months, as I used to, then it lasts ages), but they also do this which is probably better for lighter skin tones to use all year Sunkiss

Fuck. I think I'm going to be spending some money tonight...

I use Hoola by Benefit, it's a mat bronzer and I really like it. Probably best to go to a counter and try it out first though as its not cheap. It lasts for ages and ages though.

Thanks guys.

I used to have hoola - it's a bit dark for me, though I note they have a range of Hoola products now, like a light matte cream, so may try a sample of that. I have to try out most things on my skin first because I do seem to react to stuff a lot more than I used to.

Will look up Lush, hadn't thought of them for makeup... No7 also have some kind of glowy stick bronzer, but they don't have it in the branch nearest work.

I used to love Hollywood Glo & then they stopped making it..that's right? The closest I have found to it is No7 Skin Illuminater. I have recently started wearing MAC Strobe Cream for brightening a dull complexion, I think it's good. I wear it with Clarins Mineral Foundation.

ETA: you might like Benefits 'You Rebel Light'. I wore that for ages, the regular one was too dark.

Yeah, it looks like they don't do Hollywood glo anymore; they seem to have a few variations on it that are either lighter, darker or matte rather than shimmery. I'm looking out for the No7, but not been to a big enough branch of Boots to find it yet.

Going on holiday on Sunday, so if I have time in airport shops might look and see if I can find anything good; also if I get the chance to go into any French chemists because they often stock some really good products.

I used to love Hollywood Glo & then they stopped making it..that's right? The closest I have found to it is No7 Skin Illuminater. I have recently started wearing MAC Strobe Cream for brightening a dull complexion, I think it's good. I wear it with Clarins Mineral Foundation.

ETA: you might like Benefits 'You Rebel Light'. I wore that for ages, the regular one was too dark.
I forgot about You Rebel, I used to love that. Might go and try it again next time I'm in town. [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom