Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GlastonWICK 2019

mx wcfc

'Glastonwick 2019': 24th Annual Festival of Beer, Music, Poetry and More Beer...

Early plug for the best little festival on the South Coast. Lots of Ale, Angelic Upstarts, Ale, Eastfield, (EASTFIELD!!!!!!!) Ale, TV Smith and the Bored Teenagers, Ale, Otway, Ale, Wonk Unit, Ale, Carter, Ale, Attila, Ale and lots of bands, poets, comedians I've never heard of :thumbs:.

No drugs (unless you are Captain Hotknives (not this year) who seems to get away with anything, anywhere), no "dance music". No Coldplay. Lots of reggae & ska. No sound systems or DJ sets. No Tories. Lots of cider. No Strongbow. Sheep. Vegan beer, vegan food. Shiny happy lefty people having fun. TV Smith ffs, (though sadly no Gaye Advert:() and another boring Eastfield gig!

Go on, you know you want to!

Near Brighton. :cool:

Sits back and waits for no response at all, except from Bearded goers who can't do this 2 weeks later. :facepalm:;):thumbs: Oh well. cupid_stunt pop in on Saturday?

Looks like a great little festival. Not really my kind of thing, but it still looks fine and dandy.

Looks like a great little festival. Not really my kind of thing, but it still looks fine and dandy.
Oh, it is. It probably isn't your thing though, music wise. Vibe wise, you might like it.

I did to suggest to Attila that he put The Monochrome Set on (and you would have gone down really well with the Glastonwick crowd), but John said that whilst he loved the band, (ex label mates aren't you?) you were a little beyond his budget!

Nah. Would love to cos it's a bloody great crowd you get there, proper enthusiastic, and the farm is a gorgeous setting, especially in the sunshine, but I've already performed there twice so that's the limit.

Can't make this :( but that's a cracking line up -- I particularly recommend Les Carter's band Abdoujaparov :cool:

(They've been regulars at various small but great Gail Something Else events (check FB) and for someone actually famous, Les is pretty down to earth, also nice and friendly :) )

Without any doubt Attila will arrange an amazing ale and cider line-up too :cool: -- he's a genuine enthusiast with a lot of knowledge and integrity :

Attila said:
'Real ale' is a term coined by CAMRA, Europe's most successful consumer campaign group. Otherwise known in the industry as cask-conditioned beer, these here at Glastonwick are all hand-crafted by brewers who are dedicated to keeping tradition and quality alive in the face of the ever-present spectre of global corporate standardisation, and the resulting dumbing down of taste and loss of local craftsmanship. A few real ales are corporate owned, such as Sharp's with their ubiquitous Doom Bar - owned by American giant Molson-Coors. Glastonwick only ever features beers from independent breweries who are the antidote to the voracious global giants. The same goes for the cider and perry range too, all from small cider makers.

:) :)

Can't make this :( but that's a cracking line up -- I particularly recommend Les Carter's band Abdoujaparov :cool:

(They've been regulars at various small but great Gail Something Else events (check FB) and for someone actually famous, Les is pretty down to earth, also nice and friendly :) )

Without any doubt Attila will arrange an amazing ale and cider line-up too :cool: -- he's a genuine enthusiast with a lot of knowledge and integrity :

:) :)
Gail Something Else is involved in organising Glastonwick these days. Possibly Attila is thinking about succession! She booked the food stalls and does the staffing I think.

Beers are organised by a guy called Alex Hall, who I believe was a founder of Dark Star Brewery, before wandering off to America. Dark Star beers have always featured heavily at Glastonwick. I guess no more now.

The first year I went, a Les Carter's Abdoujaparov set turned into a full Carter USM reunion gig. That was quite a gig.

mx wcfc - can you post when tickets go on sale? Otherwise I am likely to forget. :facepalm:

I see the 'Anchored in Worthing', that micro-pub we visited on the Worthing urban meet-up, is one of the ticket outlets. :thumbs:

If you're on fb, join the group.
Glastonwick
Regular announcements updates etc,

Can't be arsed with FB, TBH.

I don't fancy the Sunday, as bands finish at 6pm, and I wouldn't be fit to drive by then, so it would be another night camping, with fuck all happening after 6pm.

Can't be arsed with FB, TBH.

I don't fancy the Sunday, as bands finish at 6pm, and I wouldn't be fit to drive by then, so it would be another night camping, with fuck all happening after 6pm.
There's an "after party" with bands on at the Welly in Shoreham. I couldn't stay on Sunday last year, but I normally go to that. Takeaway pizza, and a cab back to the farm afterwards.:thumbs:

I think I've just realised this is bollocks. No idea where I got that in my head from.

Have to say I was very surprised by you mentioning that level of Gail involvement, it did seem unlikely to me!

Only the preceding weekend, the late May Bank Holiday weekend, she'll have been very busy with her tent (with acts/bands) at Bearded Theory (see other thread here for that festival).

Back
Top Bottom