Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General photo chat - new cameras, techniques, lens, bokeh, filters etc

Stunning selection of photos unearthed:

Street721-800x534.jpg

Street422-800x516.jpg

Street251-800x534.jpg

Childhood19-534x800.jpg

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!

I feel sorry for the cyclist. I didn't see much in the way of an apology coming his way

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!

I feel sorry for the cyclist. I didn't see much in the way of an apology coming his way

I don't feel sorry for either of them. The camera guy was a dick but the cyclist was riding too fast for the conditions. The camera guy could just as easily have been a young child.

I don't feel sorry for either of them. The camera guy was a dick but the cyclist was riding too fast for the conditions. The camera guy could just as easily have been a young child.
It's a dedicated cycle lane on a main route in a very busy city. Have you ever walked over that bridge?

It's a dedicated cycle lane on a main route in a very busy city. Have you ever walked over that bridge?
I can't say I have, but surely it's also a pedestrian right of way? And given what was happening in front of him, the cyclist should have been riding slower, regardless of whether what was happening in front of him was stupid.

I can't say I have, but surely it's also a pedestrian right of way? And given what was happening in front of him, the cyclist should have been riding slower, regardless of whether what was happening in front of him was stupid.
Which bit of 'dedicated cycle path' are you having trouble with? There's a big thick white line across the entire bridge, with clearly labelled pedestrian/cyclist areas. The cyclist was breaking no laws and even if he was going slower, how is he going to stop in time when some idiot steps into the busy cycle line without even bothering to look?

Which bit of 'dedicated cycle path' are you having trouble with? There's a big thick white line across the entire bridge, with clearly labelled pedestrian/cyclist areas. The cyclist was breaking no laws and even if he was going slower, how is he going to stop in time when some idiot steps into the busy cycle line without even bothering to look?

I didn't say he was breaking any laws. I was saying that considering what was going on in front of him, he should have slowed down, as was borne out by the fact that he ran into what was going on in front of him. Car drivers aren't allowed to run into pissed up people in the road. Sometimes you have to drive or ride to accommodate other people's stupidity.

I didn't say he was breaking any laws. I was saying that considering what was going on in front of him, he should have slowed down, as was borne out by the fact that he ran into what was going on in front of him. Car drivers aren't allowed to run into pissed up people in the road. Sometimes you have to drive or ride to accommodate other people's stupidity.
Car drivers aren't expected to slow to a permanently crawl on the off chance that some twat might walk into the road without looking. Do you always drive at 5mph whenever you're approaching people on the pavement?

Car drivers aren't expected to slow to a permanently crawl on the off chance that some twat might walk into the road without looking. Do you always drive at 5mph whenever you're approaching people on the pavement?
In the situation above, I'd have slowed to walking pace.

Back
Top Bottom