Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General non league chat, match reports, photos etc

This is a story that interests me. We don't have the "sin bin" at our level, only at Step 5 and below. It's a 10 minute time penalty, but it ends at the final whistle regardless of whether the full 10 minutes has been served. Much like sudden death kicks from the penalty mark: if one team is a man short and all their eligible players have taken one, the cycle begins again without the other team's eleventh player taking a kick.

I recall an incident in a Capital Cup game away to Fulham at Motspur Park when Rosie Stone was sin binned late on in the game, a game that was decided on penalties. Fortunately it was decided 5-3 in the Hamlet’s favour but I can’t recall if Rosie was allowed to take a penalty kick or not.

It’s used for dissent isn’t it? Part of the “stop the riffraff swearing at the authority figure” pearl-clutching campaign. Certainly there was a player at Peckham the last few years who was regularly binned for swearing. (And for the refs (un)conscious bias).
I don't see the point in targeting these sorts of measures solely at the grassroots game. All the tedious nonviolent misbehaviour (dissent, time-wasting, simulation etc.) surely trickles down from the highest level. Why don't they start with the Premier League?

Ten instances of a player being reported for spitting onto the pitch and it's season over for the team.
Wtf? Are they going to issue handkerchiefs all round?
Just a thought. If referees are worried about being called out for being shite they could spend their time practising and getting better instead of dreaming up bollocks like this.

Refs are such sensitive souls! Booked last season after the final whistle in an FA Cup tie for saying to the referee “Thanks for turning up” in an apparently overly sarcastic manner! 🤦🏻‍♀️ A similar thing happened to one of my teammates in a league game at Denham though can’t remember exactly what she said. Daft thing is these same refs don’t get the cards out for foul play.

Back
Top Bottom