Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Galaxy S8 display issue

girasol

Addicted to handstands!
I was looking at my phone when suddenly these lines appeared on screen. Turning off on didn't help but while resetting the screen was monetarily pure back, as usual, before going lighter with these crazy lines... 😱 Amy ideas good people of urban?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-164314_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-164314_Settings.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220703-164323_Galaxy Themes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-164323_Galaxy Themes.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 21
oh, interesting, when i look at the screenshot on my laptop the grey lines aren't there... When I unlock the phone it's back to normal for a couple of seconds and then weird lines are back. I haven't changed the theme, or anything for that matter... So odd.

Found this anyway Grey Horizontal Lines on Samsung Galaxy S8

Last edited:
It "magically" went back to normal. By magically I mean I left the phone updating an app (the only one that needed updating on the app store) and the Blue light filter schedule turned it on (although I had turned it on and off before and it made no difference) - when I came back display was back to normal.

So, either that fixed it (I think it's a software issue) or inbuilt obsolescence is trying to trick me (much of advice on both the threads was to take it to someone to change the screen, but my phone is way out of warranty, it's 3.5 years old)

I had a red line issue on the S7, got used to it , it was after about 3 years of use , it now has spare phone status & the red lines have gone 😁
That's what I had too, but at 1yr 50weeks, so got the screen and battery replaced under warranty, which have me at least another year of use and was then able to sell it on too :thumbs:

I basically fled to apple after issues with my Galaxy S3. Turned out it needed a firmware update. But nobody bothered telling me that at the time.

I'm still getting it, every day, intermittently. Still haven't figured out a pattern for it happening as it has happened when I was looking/using different apps and at different times of the day.

Now I'm getting it all the time - but I'm refusing to buy another phone and I don't really want to send it to have screen replaced unless it's somewhere I'm confident I can send it to... Basically learning to live with it. Everything else works fine, battery life is still pretty good after 3.5 years and camera still takes good photos/videos. If I need to see the screen clearly I just crank up the brightness to max.

Back
Top Bottom