Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Forza Horizon 4

Rosemary Jest

Wrong and Unstable
Just downloaded this yesterday as it's available on xbox game pass.

Enjoying it so far, you can drive round Edinburgh, jump off Arthur's Seat, go to Bamburgh Castle, and drown in the Derwent Reservoir.

More games should be set in the UK, it's genuinely bizzare to see places that aren't the usual settings for games.

Plus you can do a doughnut in a Dodge Charger for the Queen outside Edinburgh Castle. :thumbs:

Surprised to see it on game pass so quickly.

It does look good, if only for the UK factor making a racer feel a lot more appealing than usual, although at £45ish to buy and my tendancy to get bored of racer games within a month or so, I'll be waiting for a price drop.

I don't really get enough game time a month to warrant purchasing game pass. I don't even bother with Xbox live anymore.

Rosemary Jest What's the learning curve like? I'm very tempted and am getting a controller (for PC) for Father's Day.

I'm often crap at games, especially racing and shooting games, but I DID get very good at Gran Turismo 2 back in the day which was not easy.

Rosemary Jest What's the learning curve like? I'm very tempted and am getting a controller (for PC) for Father's Day.

I'm often crap at games, especially racing and shooting games, but I DID get very good at Gran Turismo 2 back in the day which was not easy.

Pretty easy I'd say, it's more arcade than simulation. Easier than Gran Turismo I think. It's loads of fun, had me hooked for a good month almost daily.

Being based in northern England/Scotland adds to it, it's a very good game indeed. :thumbs:

Plus it has all the customisation of GT, without the boring 24 hour races etc. You should enjoy it I reckon.

Did you end up downloading it Sol? Inzpred by this thread I've started playing it again and forgot how nice it is to play. It's ace just driving around and I forgot how good the graphics are too.

My current favourite car is the Bugatti EB110, but have a soft spot for the XJ220 too. :thumbs:

Did you end up downloading it Sol? Inzpred by this thread I've started playing it again and forgot how nice it is to play. It's ace just driving around and I forgot how good the graphics are too.

My current favourite car is the Bugatti EB110, but have a soft spot for the XJ220 too. :thumbs:
I did Rosemary Jest
Just this evening got enough points to qualify for the roster - I think that means I'm into the "seasons change every week" thing.

I'm really enjoying it - going off a ramp and jumping over the Flying Scotsman put a huge grin on my face. There's always something to do and just driving from A to B is lovely. And I randomly won a 9 million credit car on the wheel of fortune thingy.

I did Rosemary Jest
Just this evening got enough points to qualify for the roster - I think that means I'm into the "seasons change every week" thing.

I'm really enjoying it - going off a ramp and jumping over the Flying Scotsman put a huge grin on my face. There's always something to do and just driving from A to B is lovely. And I randomly won a 9 million credit car on the wheel of fortune thingy.

Glad you're enjoying it. There really is plenty to do, I'm still finding things and I've not got the Fortune Island expansion, or the new Lego one either.

Just a tip, go to the auction house for cheap cars, rather than buying them new, its a bit like using eBay. You can save a lot of money that way. Don't buy any labelled as 'barn finds' though, as you can find these on the map for free. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom