Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football Boots ??

Bought my son some football boots. Do you still put dubbin on them to protect them or has the tech changed? I’ve never had an interest in football but heard as a youngster that dubbin was a thing. Also as his feet are growing they’ll last a year anyway before he needs a new pair.

Didn’t know whether to put this in the football forum or here. Here seemed more appropriate as it’s something that’s worn.

I think you still do. I did with the last pair I bought for one of my kids, about 5 years ago.
I watched a YouTube vid where some talking head said it didn’t matter. I’ve bought some though and will apply it.
How long does an application last; do you apply it after every clean of the boots or less regularly?

I remember applying dubbin to hiking boots, but football boots I just cleaned with knife, rag and water before polishing like you would shoes. Mind you football boots are now blue and made of complicated resins or something.

on the basis that i've not had a pair of football boots since i was at school, but surely it depends what they are made of.

dubbin is for leather. do they still make football boots out of leather?

I remember applying dubbin to hiking boots, but football boots I just cleaned with knife, rag and water before polishing like you would shoes. Mind you football boots are now blue and made of complicated resins or something.
Yeah, the guy in the YouTube vid said the tech had changed with boots. I suppose my question could be: would it HARM boots by applying it or also just a waste of time?

Bought my son some football boots. Do you still put dubbin on them to protect them or has the tech changed? I’ve never had an interest in football but heard as a youngster that dubbin was a thing. Also as his feet are growing they’ll last a year anyway before he needs a new pair.

Didn’t know whether to put this in the football forum or here. Here seemed more appropriate as it’s something that’s worn.
You’ll be buying him a new pair by next season when he grows out of them ,so no.

Back
Top Bottom