Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Favourite Games of 2015

Epona

Sonic: 1 Nov 2006 - 8 Jan 2022
It's getting to that time of year, so also time for our own list thread.

List your favourite game releases of 2015, if I get my shit together I may organise a poll (or multiple polls divided into categories if there is enough interest) for people to vote once we have a good list of contenders.

My nomination for top game of 2015:

The Witcher 3

Runner up: Fallout 4

Favourite: Mordheim

Runner Up; Dirty Bomb

I will admit to not playing to many games these days though.

Last edited:
I dont think I can entirely list them on basis because of how they vary between genres. Fallout 4, Rainbow 6: Siege and NHL16 all rank top 3 though, just not in ay particular order.

The Witcher 3
Mainly because it is so well crafted and bearing in mind that I only play fantasy and sci fi RPG's

Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015: Do You Still Shower With Your Dad?

Not new out this year but the ones that have given me the most joy this year are the bioshock trio, dishonored and Orcs Must Die for the arcadey fun.

Gurgh... I have to be one of those people that's listing a bunch of "it's not finished yet" games-for-geeks (probably) but here goes.

I'm a glutton for sims but the interface for DF makes we tear my hair off... nine times out of ten seige failures or tantrum-spirals are a direct result of me bollocksing something up in the interface. In terms of sheer unadulterated fun, Dwarf-Fortress-meets-Firefly-colony-sim Rimworld is much less frustrating for me (but only 2D). At the heart it's a little basic but there are a bucketton of mods available for this and it's really come into its own in the last year.

In terms of "Oh my god I will be seeing conveyor belts in my sleep for the next month", factory simulator Factorio. Combine with Bob's Mods to turn a fairly complicated puzzle game into a twisted journey through a bizarre periodic table.

But in terms of the sheer amount of time I've spent on it (I think it's eaten more time than just one more turn in the Civs), if you like the build-your-own-battlefleet Lego-with-gatling-guns-for-people-who-like-building-self-replicating-balloon-assisted-AI-controlled-missile-platforms genre... there can only be one From The Depths. Bit of a learning cliff to start off with given the occasional bind-moggling complexity of some of the components, but worth it when your jet-powered hydrofoil executes a perfect HMS-Victory-style manoeuvre and nails the enemy phalanx with a double broadside of sonar torpedoes.

Back
Top Bottom