Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Farewell my trusty festival tent

eightball

I've just had to say goodbye to my festival tent which finally died at Mucky Weekender the other week. (Outer door zip completely finished.) A Eurohike Avon purchased from Millets in 2007, it's done:

1 x Glastonbury
2 x Glade
5 x Beautiful Days
5 x Beat-Herder
8 x Moovin
4 x Mucky Weekender

That's 25 festivals and it's never let a drop of water in or let me down in any way, what a fucking star! My party home for the last 18 years - thanks for all the good times.

Sympathies. I bought a new tent 2-3 years ago, after using a Cath Kidston floral tent for years. (I lent it to someone and they returned it to me with one side of the 'door' zip cut through near the top so it couldn't be closed. I still used it for a couple more festivals though.

I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. I washed it and then deconstructed it. I've got all the bits in a big plastic storage tub, waiting for me to make folding reusable shopping bags and whatever with as much of it as possible.

I do have access to a sewing machine, which helps; I've just not done any sewing for over a year due to being ridiculously overworked in piss-takingly stressful jobs with no work:life balance.

Reactions: tim
Coming up to good tent buying season.
Many of this summer’s tents go cheap for clearance to make way for next year’s ‘latest’ models for next summer.

Have bought 4 man tents for the price of a 1 man.

Coming up to good tent buying season.
Many of this summer’s tents go cheap for clearance to make way for next year’s ‘latest’ models for next summer.

Have bought 4 man tents for the price of a 1 man.
Yep, we got a bargain £100 off our tent.
It's not a festival tent though, I like to camp in comfort and have bought a 5 man tent for just 2 of us. :thumbs:

Some friends of my mine have still got a Vango they bought several decades ago ...
It's not been out this year !

Actually, neither have any of mine ... [Got a five-person single space we had "a few years" and a two-bedroom job that's been to France a couple of times]. Had a re-proofing session {including the fore-mentioned Vango} intending to do some camping a couple of years ago, but other things have intervened to disrupt plans.

I do most of my tent shopping at Glastonbury on the Monday, really can’t beat those prices, currently rocking a 4 man Vango I got the year before last.

Back
Top Bottom