Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2024

We are so happy that McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari have stepped up, it really looked like F1 would be all Red Bull until the big change in 2026. It has made F1 much better :thumbs:
Even my Missus is watching the GPs from lights-out to Champagne fight.

And what baffles me is that Max was winning races by 30 seconds. Suddenly he began losing by the same(-ish) amount.

That's not an upgrade story. Something in Red Bull has been switched off, and something smart in McLaren has been switched on.

Have RB surrendered some dodgy component on the proviso the FIA keep it secret?

I like a good conspiracy theory.

That's more like it from Lando, it's the kind of drive that can win championships.

As for Redbull? Looks like they went down a wrong design path, might have had something taken away and look to be scrambling to figure out what went wrong.
Apparently they've pulled resources from the '25 car to try and fix the '24 car.

2025 should be a fun season. 2026 is going to be an engine formula, so either one manufacturer runs away with it or it's much
closer. Active aero in 2026, so no more "The wings bend too much" whining from Redbull.

Starting to have some question marks about Albon. I wonder who Williams will choose between Albon and Colapinto to partner Sainz next year if they were given an option.

Starting to have some question marks about Albon. I wonder who Williams will choose between Albon and Colapinto to partner Sainz next year if they were given an option.
I think Albon is under contract to Williams until the end of 2026. That doesn't mean they have to keep him, but if they defenestrate him it'll cost them a few bob. Albon is paid $3m a year which, while not the stratospheric Max, Hammy, Alonso level, is a big lump from the annual budget for a non-driver.

I think they'd want to see more from Colapinto before that decision.

Caveat: I know nothing.

:)

Reactions: Ax^
aye for 3 million pound a year they are getting a lot of team and experience from Albion for 3 million a year
and reasonable competitiveness

plus unlike all the other rookies they had into the car

he not costing them more than 3 million pound a year is car damage

so swing in round about

Albon is signed until the end of the 2026 season. I think Albon has just got used to having a crap teammate and probably
wasn't expecting Colapinto to be as good as he has been thus far. He'll have to pick up his game with Carlos Sainz arriving in 2025.

2025 wise?
Looking forward to the teammate battles.
Lando vs Oscar.
Lewis vs Charles.
Max vs Whoever they shove in the car.
Albon vs Sainz.

George vs Antonelli should be fascinating. If Antonelli is everything he's cracked up to be and
destroys George? George might have to look for a new team. Toto seems determined to sign
Max. George's contract is up at the end of 2025 I believe.

And of course, Newey wondering around with his clipboard in Aston Martin team clobber will be
amusing if he crosses paths with Horner.

oh dear did someone question golden ballocks Verstappen

He's always threatening to quit F1. Though I could see him quitting Red bull at the end of the season, triggering a release clause.
Then sitting out 2025 so he can sim race, before signing for Mercedes in 2026. I could write clickbait F1 news, but I have
ethics.

Back
Top Bottom