Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Esa to Universal credit

moody

Member of The Underground.
Been on the work related activity tier of ESA for a while now, also been working permitted hours on top.

Had an assessment the other day, got a feeling the want me off, and i didn't present too well during.

anyone with any experience of being transferred from one to the other & will I still ben able to work part time?

Been on the work related activity tier of ESA for a while now, also been working permitted hours on top.

Had an assessment the other day, got a feeling the want me off, and i didn't present too well during.

anyone with any experience of being transferred from one to the other & will I still ben able to work part time?

On Universal Credit there is no 16 hour limit. There is no hour limit, your entitlement depends on your earnings and how much you get against your UC entitlement. If you have responsibility for a child, ie parent etc or have Limited Capability for Work (LCW) UC works on the basis that there are certain disregards on earnings, depending on your personal circs, that UC ignore. After that for every £m you earn DWP deducts 63 pence. If you are a single person or a couple with no children or neither has LCW the 63p deducted for every pound earned is applied to all your wages.

Look here Universal Credit work allowances

Last edited:
Pretty sure no-one has bothered to mention the work allowances to my friend to whom ,by the looks,they might very well apply should she have another bash at working.:)

All of which is true, but please be ready to have to grow through an appeals process before they go throug

There was a news story about this recently. Especially given UC self-harm rates recently it struck me as we see lots of help with the appeals at the local foodbank. I've been tweeting with Alex Tiffin bit about it.

ETA: I'll find the article later if I find it.

Back
Top Bottom